“Totally worth it!”

Skydive Philadelphia
Philadelphia
“Totally worth it!”
Reviewed 23 March 2010

The first day that we went clouds rolled in so we had to drive all the way home. But the second time we got there early and only had to wait about an hour to get suited up and jump. My dad and I both jumped tandem and the divers were very helpful and friendly. It was an awesome experience and I'm just saving up the money to do it again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Levittown, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I have had the opportunity to jump two times with this outfit. It is true that there may be a wait due to the weather (clouds, wind, rain, etc.), which can change at any moment so it is best to get there really early, and be prepared for delays. I can understand the frustration of some others who have had to wait or whose trips were cancelled due to weather. I am sure it is just as frustrating to the instructors who are jumping with you, as this is their bread and butter. I would much rather have my jump postponed than to take unnecessary risks. The guys and gals there are very busy, trying to make everyone's jump a positive experience.
My initial jump was with Brian, who was extremely friendly, making sure I was well informed on the procedures and explained every step to take. He also joked around, making those that were nervous a little more at ease. This day was extremely clear and great weather - he pointed out NYC, Philadelpha and the area lakes and quarries. We even got to take some wide looping turns to make the ride down even more exciting. After the jump, I could not get into the office quick enough to purchase another jump.
On my second jump, the weather was a little touchy, so we had delays due to wind and cloud coverage. We were able to make the jump (I dont remember the name of the second instructor), and due to recent rainy weather ended up landing in a puddle. (We had recently had a lot of rain!) Even so, it was a terrific experience, and again, I purchased another jump that I have yet to take.
If you would like a thrill of a lifetime, I highly recommend this outfit. Other recommendations: Get there early. Be prepared for delays due to weather or high turnout. Wear light weight shoes. If it had recently rained, it wouldnt hurt to bring a change of pants in case you land in a puddle!
This was an awsome adventure, and I can see how it can become addictive!

3 Thank DynaDee
Lancaster
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Still waiting to jump”
Reviewed 19 September 2009

My wife signed me up to skydive on my birthday in October 2008. My wife and I drove 1.5 hours to be to the airport by 8am and sat around for 4.5 hours occasionally going downstairs to see if we would be able to jump that day. Finally we got hungry and asked them to call us if the jump would be canceled so we could go to eat. While out, they conveniently called and told me that I wouldn't be jumping that day due to weather. The whole time we were there we seemed like an inconvenience to them even though we only confronted them about jumping twice.
The following year in Spring 2009 I rescheduled my jump for a Sunday. We scheduled for 8am again so we would be one of the first people to jump. We arrived and had the same cold shoulder people talking to us. We again sat around for 4 hours until they told us that we would not be jumping due to weather.
The company definitely needs restructured since the employees make it seem like a burden to them to have to take people skydiving and poor communication wasted many hours on sitting in their upstairs with nothing to do but stare out the window. They had no common decency to even come upstairs to update us on the situation or give us the option to reschedule instead of wasting the entire day. I still have yet to skydive with this company. I wish I could get a refund and jump with a more caring company.

11 Thank grr_81
East Coast USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The wait was worth it!!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My husband and I decided to jump for our sixth anniversary and he booked the trip. We drove from North Jersey and stayed overnight in a hotel(using points). Our reservation time was 11am and their site clearly stated that our jump time could be up to 6 hours or all day due to weather, etc. We were warned. We jumped about 3&1/2 hours after chech-in and they had us harnessed up approx an hour ahead of time.

Their biggest issue was that most folks jumping for the first time want a video done. With 2 videographers and 20 people wanting them done, you do the math. They would shuffle the non-video folks onto the plane earlier bc all they needed was a tandem jumper. So mostly, our wait was due to our vain wish for video footage.

Drawback.......no indoor restrooms. Had to use a port-oh-potty. Yuck!

Wouldi use them again? Absolutely! Those I structors worked their butts off. As soon as they hit the ground, they headed to the hanger, grabbed a new chute and went up again with another plane full of thrill seekers. They were great and patient. One of them had over 8000 jumps logged. My tandem instructor, Dave, was great! I lived to talk about it and I hope to pull my own cord next time. The place was a bit like the Walmart approach to jumping with such a huge clietelle, but the wait was worth it and we met some nice folks in the meantime. 2 people we met had booked a trip elsewhere the weekend prior and said the place was so shady that they left. They were well pleased with the quality of gear, condition of the plane and confidence of the instructors the day we all jumped...and so were we!

3 Thank Cjvea
Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FIRST TIME”
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My experience was out of this world!! I went with my sister and three of my friends. We had been trying to go for awhile but, it was too windy the first times we were scheduled to go (no complaints I'm glad they called us before we left). This time on July 13th we didn't receive a call so we took the 2hr drive and went to Penn Ridge (I think thats what is was called, it was on North Ridge Road) in Perkasie, PA. The staff was very nice and my instructor that I jumped with named Pete was very funny. I was quite nervous seeing that I had never been in a plane before let alone going skydiving, but one of the stunt jumpers sitting on the plane next to me calmed me down a bit. The feeling of free fall was crazy but, i was glad when my parachute got pulled because then i could relax and enjoy the ride. The video turned out great and my still pictures they took were awesome. Overall my experience there was outstanding and if and when i go again I'll definitely go back to Penn Ridge!!
JUSTINE