“What Happened?”

Cackleberry Kitchens
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Paradise
Description: Fresh, Local Cuisine with Daily Menu changes and specials! Breakfast ALL DAY. Also, offers take-out and party platters for your convenience.
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Ben and Mrs Too and Ben planned a lunch stop at Cackleberry's this past Saturday, and arrived to find a small strip mall with one empty store. The empty store was dark and lonely, fronted by a sign apologizing for the appearance during renovation, and another announcing "New Restaurant - New Owners"

Fearing some error of communication might have occurred, Ben called the phone number listed for the business. on Sunday when they should have been,open but got no answer. Not a 'bad number" message, just no answer. Judging from recent reviews, the operators had no intention of quitting operation, so Ben is puzzled.

We don't want to jump to any conclusions as Cackkleberry's responses to recent reviews show no signs whatever of discontinuing operations, but we suggest you call ahead before planning a visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This restaurant offers excellent comfort food at hugely affordable prices, with big portions to boot. The service was friendly and efficient, and the waitress was very nice to the young children in our party. With its location right on Lincoln Highway, this makes for a great lunch stop while visiting Lancaster County.

Fritz A, Owner at Cackleberry Kitchens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stumbled on this wonderful place by chance, as it was the closest place to eat when my 6 year old was having a meltdown. We were blown away by the service, the food, and the experience in general. My son said it was the best milk and best pb&j (pb&j club) he ever had. I had the chicken fajita salad which was awesome! Do yourself a favor and don't get any dressing, the chicken marinade does the job perfectly. In addition, my wife got the veggie quesadilla and was full after half of it but kept reading because it was so good. It was stuffed with veggies and was enormous. What a great experience!

Certainly pleased to hear your review! Thank you for taking the time to share how you enjoyed both the food and service!

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

We were not disappointed with the choices we made for lunch. The sandwich was so big he could hardly get it into his mouth. My chicken fingers were good and fries pipping hot.

Happy diners make me a happy guy! Thanks for the review! Come again!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I stopped here to pick up a shoo fly pie to take home. I wish I had time to eat here as the food smelled wonderful! The staff was very friendly and helped package my pie for travel.

We hope you are able to stay and eat the next time you stop in! Thank you for the kind words!