“You get what you pay for”

Rodeway Inn Paradise
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paradise
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Check in was rather slow. No one was at the desk, so I rang the bell and waited. After what seemed like quite a while I rang it again and then went looking to see if anyone was around. When I got back there was a person at the desk.

Room 101 is a wheelchair accessible room with a king size bed and grab bars in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but the three pillows were very thin. The room and bathroom were clean. The towels were also very thin. Although the room did not face the highway, there was some highway noise in the morning.

The "fresh continental breakfast"as described on the Rodeway Inn web site, consisted of a basket containing a few pre-packaged sticky buns and a coffee machine. It would qualify as the least impressive continental breakfast I have ever seen at a motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Got there 1/2 hour early and no others guests were around and they would not let us check in, wow. Never at desk, always pops out when called from the back. Halls are dark and smelly, room wasn't bad, roomy and comfortable..semi clean. Price was good for location, IF you can handle a lot of truck noise/ traffic at all hours of the day and night. Will not stay again, there are better places for a little more money.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We are four young adults, who came to Amish country for the first time. It was late at night when we decided to look for accomodations and many other hotels did not pick up the phone. When we stopped at Rodeway inn, we were really happy to find this great affordable hotel. Rooms were clean and spacey, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Four of us shared a room with 2 queen beds and we felt there was enough space for all of us. The rooms have a fridge, hair dryer and TV. The disign is simple, but doesn't have a motel feel to it.The bathroom was clean and pretty good size. Although hotel is situated along the noisy road, we did not hear any traffic. AC worked perfectly well, bed linens were crispy white and we felt the room was very cozy, modern and affordable. We do not recommend this hotel for any romantic vacation, but it is great for a short stay, as it provides clean, quite and very affordable stay. Free high speed wi-fi, parking and cinnamon bun for breakfast were a great little things that we also appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Entered into the office and was welcomed with the smell of curry and crying kids. Besides that check-in had no problems. I was using points for my room so did not experience the price problems others had. Room was clean enough for a cheap hotel. The BIG problem is the noise. Situated directly on Rote 30, truck traffic is constant and LOUD. There are also bright lights outside the room, even with the curtains closed I could clearly see everything in the room. By 5AM guests were starting to leave and you could hear every argument they were having. May have had two hours of sleep. Better off a few miles up the road at one of the Lancaster Econolodges which are cheaper, cleaner and quieter (and no curry). On the plus side I did have a good free Internet connection.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lp1962
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I was very unhappy with this hotel and will be posting my review wherever possible to warn other travelers. The front dest lady was friendly once she decided to wake up and come out the back to check us in. I was a little put off by the price increase for an extra person which was a child. From the outside the hotel looked ok. so I thought this was a fairly new facility but when we got in the room the sheets was stained the microwave was missing from the top of the rickety refridgerator. The bathroom was dirty. The vending machines were almost empty.The so called breakfast was stale honey buns and coffee. The toilet was not working so we called the front desk. I was told they dont fix things in the evening but there is a plunger in the hallway. The nasty plunger was wedged between the vending machines of all places on top of a plastic bag which had feces and water sitting in it. I was so appaulled and disgusted by this. This has to be against some kind of health codes. I exspected a little more for $69. Which when I booked online was only $59 and I had AAA which was supposed to take off an additional 10%. Had I known they were going to jack the price up I would have gone to Marriott for a few more dollars. At least you know youre going to get good service and quality. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise
0.8 km away
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#15 of 40 in Lancaster
5.0 km away
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn Paradise? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK