“Nice place, most of the food just ok, friendly staff”

Presidential Caterers
Ranked #40 of 143 Restaurants in Norristown
Reviewed 5 August 2016

It is a decent place. Nice grand staircase for pictures and small wedding ceremony.
The not so good: The cocktails seemed to be watered down and only served small 7oz cheap beer. The food was just ok. Never had a tough filet mignon before, until now. All at the table said the same. No taste at all. The vegetarian was just a few vegetables tossed with pasta, very cheaply done.
The good: The staff while very busy always greeted with a smile and very attentive. All the staff we met were friendly and very good at their job which made up for the mediocre entrées. The dessert bar was incredible, lots of fantastic choices and plenty to go around. Wish they put the effort they made for dessert into the main course. The hall is nicely decorated and plenty of spaces for pictures. Easy parking and access for the guests.

1  Thank eastsidetravel

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Please forgive me in advance for the length of this review, but I can assure you it will be worth it! My husband & I decided a year ago that we wanted to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal ceremony after attending a close friends wedding at another venue. As a dedicated Trip Advisor reviewer, I do not go anywhere without checking the reviews first. We chose several places to visit & Presidential Caterers was our first appointment. We were so impressed it ended up being our last. What you will appreciate when you walk into this place is the elegance & beauty complete with chandeliers throughout. This is a family owned and operated business. Gus (the owner) went out of his way to make sure our day was nothing less than perfect!! We met first with Meredith (daughter) whom we explained to exactly what we wanted & she is extremely knowledgeable & offered multiple packages to fit every budget & gave us a tour. Our wedding 30 yrs. ago was small & we didn't have a lot of money back then so we wanted to do some things that we couldn't afford to do the first time & Presidential was extremely accommodating. My husband & I decided to return 4 days later & met with Gus & put down a deposit. I was later invited to attend a food tasting in Nov 2015 for a small fee & I took 1 of our 2 Adult daughters. Remember I said above this is a family run business so we not only chatted with Gus & Meredith but we met Gus Jr -Executive Chef who told us about the main courses we were trying (Very Delicious!) & Jennifer (daughter) the pastry chef who gave us so many suggestions on our 4 tier cake. I highly recommend going to the food tasting as there are so many choices & they were all excellent!
We finalized everything a week before our party
& our evening was perfect! Gus was there the whole time & assigned Donna to make sure everything went smoothly. We had an evening ceremony under one of the chandeliers which was beautiful. Our room was decorated so beautiful . Donna & the staff were so attentive which just made our guests along with my husband & I feel so welcome & special. Our guests raved about how delicious the hors d'oeuvres served during the cocktail hour. We choose the pan seared salmon with a black cherry bourbon glaze & chicken piccata. OH MY GOODNESS! Both dishes were served just the way food should be served: hot & tasted amazing!! We even had a few vegetarian guests who said their dishes were excellent. Our bartender Sue was awesome, she served not only our signature drink to perfection but all of our guests commented how friendly & polite she was. Our cake was vanilla & red velvet alternating layers with a buttercream that's was incredible! Our photographers took amazing photos inside & outside under the beautifully lit gazebo. We partied until 11pm & when it was time to leave we couldn't stop thanking everyone at the Presidential for an amazing night! It's been a week since our party & we are still getting texts & phone calls from our guests saying they had such a amazing time. If you are getting married, renewing your vows or just want to have a family reunion look no further , book the Presidential. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Ourtime30th
Reviewed 22 May 2016

No where else could you ask for a better place for Banquets, Family or School functions. Plenty of parking, wonderful dining/banquet rooms. The BEST Italian Wedding Soup. Most expert and friendly staff. No worries for families needing group luncheon for funeral/memorials

2  Thank Antonio P
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Presidential Caterer's has been around for a long time and the food and service is the best. Gus and his family take care of you.

1  Thank CoachLo
Reviewed 19 July 2015

We attended a large wedding here. The place was huge and gorgeous. The staff did a beautiful job with everything. They are very professional and have clearly been doing weddings forever. The skill shows. Food was excellent, drinks were tasty. Clean and accessible.

1  Thank Luv2go1019