“A Good Steak - Better Than Most Chains”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Norristown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the fact that the owner of this restaurant also owns Capital Grill - Which is by far one of the best steakhouses around. This list is relatively short.

Now for the steak....

I got a bone-in ribeye that was cooked just right. It was no measley little steak either. Nice 1/2 inch cut.... came with fries, a salad and all the delicious honey wheat bread you care to eat.

Price... $25.49

The service was fine and the menu had a lot to choose from.

My honey got a hoagie with sliced sirloin and bacon which she said was delicious.

I think if you want a decent steak skip the other chains and stop in for a delicious steak here.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Great food & service.
I order on line, but have in past called in.
They are always friendly and on time.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Tonight we ate dinner at Longhorn for the first time in quite sometime. Upon walking in, I immediately recognized a funky smell. It's a rancid or stale odor that permeated the restaurant. It was a very busy night, and that could be witnessed by the disarray in which we found the restaurant. The floors weren't clean, the bathroom was in need of attention, and there were lots of empty dirty tables waiting to be cleaned.

Our waiter, Jermar, was super attentive and friendly and definitely the most positive part of our experience.

I ordered the Baby Back Ribs. They were just okay as they weren't "falling off the bone" as they are described on the menu. My husband ordered a filet, which was actually cooked to his liking and very good.

We were very disappointed with the appearance and condition of the restaurant. I'm not sure if we'll come back nor would I be quick to recommend it to someone else.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We normally have a date night on Fridays - we always enjoyed going to Longhorn for Happy Hour for special prices on drinks and apps. Well, we went last Friday and they no longer have a Happy Hour. So we won't be coming back for Date Night.

Too bad - the bar staff are great.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Try the extra large NY steak and their home made bread is excellent. This is my family favorite and it does not break the bank.