“Ask the man in the comics shop if you can't find this place. Wow!”
Review of Cafe Con Leche

Cafe Con Leche
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2016

My wife and I stopped here based on prior reviews and really enjoyed our meal here. It was a minor challenge to find this place. Look for number 16 on the street or walk down the alley on the right side of the building to the rear entrance. We went in #16 and when we couldn't find this place, the nice guy in the comics shop directed us. Go to the end of the hall, turn right and go down the stairs to the restaurant. Get ready for good food. We were seated in the back 'porch' area with the windows. Eclectic decor and crowd. The food knocked out socks off, and given my critical eye and tastes, that is significant. Very nice young lady waited on us and was very knowledgeable on the menu and made excellent recommendations. Service was prompt and friendly. Best food we've had in a while. The coconut risotto soup as very good. Each of our dinners was thoroughly enjoyed. I had the Thai Lobster Ravioli, my wife the Portobello Mushroom Chicken with vegetables. They made iced green tea for me, which was probably the best I had anywhere. Many other selections of diverse food types on the menu I would have liked to have tried. We shared the chocolate cake for dessert, also unique, fresh and excellent. This restaurant is an excellent excuse for visiting the area. Memorable visit in every respect and we expect to be back soon. Prices are very reasonable as well. Super!

1  Thank 671paul_j671

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Heard some nice things about this restaurant so we gave it a try. My wife ordered the pasta primavera. The dish came out very watery and the overcooked broccoli also included too many stems. She asked them to pour off the water and give her a side dish of marinara sauce. They did that and knocked 10% off the bill. The sauce was very good which helped make the dish edible. I ordered a chicken and black bean burrito. It came with a nice side salad and would have been very good if the chicken did not have many hard pieces of gristle.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Food is homemade and delicious. For lunch, I had a mushroom, tomato and spinach soup with quiche and a salad. Each was plentiful for a single meal but I wanted to try everything. I returned the following evening for dinner. First, it was way too noisy to hear anyone speak. I had a pulled pork dish and it was fair. I would stick with the lunch fare.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Always a good meal here. Sometimes not a good table in front because of door and crowd. BYOB. Chimmichurri (?) Sauce super. Don't go there enough. Daniel is a great chef!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Myself and two friends had lunch here. We were very pleased and would highly recommend Cafe Con Leche! The menu has many healthy choices and there were several lunch specials.
We had panini s loaded with fresh, tasty vegetables and a really nice size side salad. A very pleasant lunch spot. I would l Ike to return to try dinner.