See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Never stayed in a place that was as run down as this. Scotch tape was used on all the seams of wallpaper. Whoever heard of such a thing. The plumbing in the shower is the biggest joke you would ever see. The shower head is to the extreme left of the shower not in the middle like a normal plumber would install. Whoever you maintenance man his should be fired or arrested for ripping you and me off. Avoid this dump at all costs.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Jerry K
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Sorry about your experience. We will try to address your concerns soon. Thank you for staying with us. The building is old so difficult to do the renovations according to the current standard. Will try. Thankyou.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I checked into the Brick for one night last month just to make sure it would be comfortable and clean during my stay in PA. Three weeks later I was sad to leave! Verindar, the owner is a sweetheart and was so compassionate and understanding of my situation. Evelyn, the housekeeper keeps the rooms spotless. I cant wait to go back "home" next month!

Stayed: July 2018
3  Thank Duck M
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Building from the 1700's which we are into that kind of thing. Staff were friendly, room was very quaint. High ceiling and very clean,nice view of main drag in Newtown. Very quite, even with full restaurant downstairs. Remember building is from 1700s you are not going to play football in your room.If you want that go to a cookie cutter corporate place. This has a certain charm, a place to sleep and a good sized loo. Nice for couples, such as us.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Room had dbi bed. My 6'3" husband slept on an angle two nights! I understand low rate doesn't get you a night at the Waldorf, but almost all places have at least 1 queen size in the room! Room was quaint + clean, no bugs and the AC worked but room service came at 5p on Saturday when we were resting after busy day and before dinner. I turned them away at that time, result: nothing touched for the time we were there (2days). There's no one to greet you when you arrive and no one to say goodbye...pick up and drop off key at restaurant desk downstairs.maybe it's how they keep price low.
Because we were in PA to attend Blueberry/Bluegrass festival at New Hope it was a very convenient location (20 min ride), and there's lots around New Town to see and do,I chose this place. Now that I know it's idiosincricies, I won't be shocked and annoyed if we need to stay there again except for 1 thing....we MUST have a Queen size bed!!!
PS handle in shower needs to be replaced... doesn't work well.

Rocco's Restaurant downstairs was great..we ate there 3 x during our 2 day stay. Food and service terrific!
This is another reason to stay at The Brick Hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Pamela Z
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Hello, We apologize for the inconvenience. Our rooms have 2 types of bed a full size bed and a queen size bed. Certainly, please contact us and we will book the Queen Size bed room for you. We will check the shower handle. Sorry about the housekeeping. We will make sure everyone is taken care off. Sorry about that. We share the front desk receptionist with the restuaurant. That is correct.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stayed at this historic hotel for a family affair. It was pleasant,clean and affordable. Full amenities, and walking distance to breakfast places. Convenient to Langhorne, and Yardley. All rooms are walk up, and I didn't see any elevators, so not a good place if you can't climb stairs. But if you are young and able bodied, a nice alternative to the chains. No problems with air conditioning.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the nice review. Hope to see you again.