“Do Not Stay Here If You Want Bed Bugs!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in New Stanton
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Never again will I stay at a Comfort Inn or reccomend anyone to stay at this particular one! I woke up in the middle of the night to find bed bugs crawling all over me and the bed I was in. Had to wake up my son and check him all over as well. Called down to the front desk and told them. Two employee's came up to my room and investigated as well they called the general manager supposedly, and moved me two doors down from the room I was in. I had a very difficult time sleeping only got about an hour and slept with the lights on in the room. I still feel like I have those bed bugs on me crawling like crazy! The next morning after a night of scratching and suffering the psychological aspect of the whole ordeal, I find the coffee maker in the room had not been cleaned at all it was like dirt that was dropping off the drip part of the coffee maker! NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT SLEEP HERE UNLESS YOU WANT BED BUGS ON YOU!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank FrenchFry_10
weeneydog, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2010

Thank you for taking time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comment was reviewed by the manager and the pest control company. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel on 3-6-10. On saturday 3-7-10 we had that room inspected by our pest control company and found nothing wrong with that room. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Comfort Inn.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 October 2009

After we arrived, we found that the internet was not working, the staff made sure that it was taken care of ASAP. We stayed for 2 nights, and always felt right at home. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevieb4444
Reviewed 5 February 2009

We were in the area for National Collegate Roller Hockey games being held at Hot Shots Arena in Mt. Pleasant. We stayed at the Comfort Inn because we attempt to keep our hotel stays within the same chain to accumulate points.

Our stay was average. The room was nicely decorated and appeared to have been recently updated. Although the hallway smelled of smoke, the room did not smell and seemed to be smoke free.

We were shocked to find that a major hotel in 2009 would not have wireless internet access. There was a computer available in the lobby and an outlet in our room. Unfortunately, we were not prepared for such an antequated system and did not bring our ethernet cable to connect.

The bathroom was extremely small with the tub and toilet in the actual bathroom and the vanity/sink just outside. The walls were so thin that a single flush woke everyone in the room during the night. Initially I thought the vanity outside the bathroom would be a good feature, but the light over the vanity was so bright that it also woke everyone sleeping in the room bright and early.

Although we have been pleased with other hotels in the chain, we would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Babbs809
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Clean and comfortable and a good choice for a stopover while travelling the turnpike. Room was spotless. Expanded cable and hi-speed internet provided. Pool area is small, but it was also clean and well maintained. Breakfast area was large and the selection was okay. Very quiet hotel. No complaints at all.

However, PLEASE note that other hotels in the area are looking really bad. I would suggest only the Comfort, Marriott, or Super 8. As far as the other hotels, the Quality Inn looked like an old army barrack, there was some sort of Budget hotel that had more people in the parking lot hanging around than in their rooms. A Hojo nearby had furniture thrown all over the parking lot. The Days looked like an old Ramada from the late '60s.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JKF56
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We spent the night here before taking a tour of Fallingwater the following morning. We had booked a suite with the senior rate and got a very good price. The room was large, included a king-sized bed, hide-a-bed and kitchen area with sink, microwave and refrigerator, plus dishes.

The room was comfortable and quiet, but a rather strange arrangement. The kitchen was in the sort-of hallway between the bathroom and the rest of the suite, divided off by a breakfast bar. There was no overhead light in the kitchen area. The bath sink and mirror were across the room on the other side of the entry door.

We had been traveling and eating out for two weeks and decided since we had a kitchen, to pick up some groceries and eat in our room. In the area around the hotel, there were just restaurants, hotels, and gas station/convenience stores. The desk clerk gave us directions to a shopping mall in Greensburg where we were able to get the needed groceries, but it was 15 minutes away from the hotel and required traveling through a Toll Plaza (twice).

I looked in at the indoor pool--it was really small. There is no guest laundry and they do not have a computer in the lobby for guest use.

The breakfast was just an average Comfort Inn selection.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
13.1 km away
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
12.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites North Huntingdon-Irwin
Hampton Inn & Suites North Hunti...
#1 of 3 in North Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK