See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited New Hope for a 2-day weekend visit from Manhattan to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had stayed at the Mansion Inn a few years back and remembered how charming and quaint it was, and the staff very helpful. We were not disappointed. Before we left, I called to confirm the reservation, and the young lady (sorry, I don't remember your name), was not only very personable, but also willing to accomodate our early arrival and offered us early self-check in. We were able to get our day started the minute we arrived. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable with all the amenities needed for our overnight stay. I would have given a 5 star rating, if only the water pressure in the shower was stronger. All in all a great stay, right in the heart of New Hope.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Noise like a college bar; no tablecloths or other accommodation to a wonderful 18th space; wine poured without giving the orderer a chance to taste; lukewarm food. What's wrong with that for a dive bar? Nothing.

But that bottle of wine cost $40, about the cheapest available. The entrees ran mid-$20s to about $40..

Negative value for high positive cost.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I like the restaurant that is in the inn, and it has a selection of dishes. It's within walking distance to many shops and other restaurants, and it has an interesting staircase. There is a nice porch to sit on.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Had an early dinner here on Saturday to celebrate out 34th wedding anniversary. Made reservations a week ahead and were seated immediately. Started with a martini and a house cocktail called up in smoke. It took a few sips to get use to the taste but it wasn't bad (I would not order it again). Had the cheese plate and a meat platter $15/$16 as appetizers which was good. Dinner was steak frites $28 and the special of filet mignon $48 which was delicious. The hostess, wait staff, service and atmosphere were all very good. We were seated in the room on your right when you walk in. We had a corner table which was very nice, the restaurant was quiet since we went at 5:30pm. It was starting to fill up by the time we left.
This is an expensive restaurant which I would recommend for a special occasion. My suggestion would be to add a regular ceasar salad to the menu. Will be back.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I really love the MansionInn...it's a gorgeous old building with charm. The staff is friendly, the whole place is clean, its decorated lovely. The restaurant was cozy and food delicious. There is a bar on the first floor as well with a very enthusiastic bartender. A room off the bar is quaint with couches, backgammon and chess. This place has potential for GREATNESS....
however, for the price ( which is kinda hefty) I would expect AT LEAST coffee offered downstairs. We had to ask for cups for our room to rinse after brushing. Owner was apologetic and quickly gave us glasses. Later that night, we realized there was no soap in the room. We asked before dinner. We were told it would be in our room when we got back. It wasn't. It was very loud downstairs when we went to bed. Understandable, as the house is very old. People were having fun. Nothing ear plugs didn't resolve. In the morning my husband went downstairs to find someone to give us soap. There was nobody. It was nine am. He went down the street to get coffee, and looked again when he got back. Not a soul in sight. We called and left a message on the machine about the soap. Around ten we decided to wash with shampoo.
Obviously, it wasn't the end of the world, but since these are such simple fixes, for the price,this is something they should concentrate on.
Like I said, it has great potential.

Date of stay: February 2017