See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went to the Mansion Inn last friday night for dinner with friends. It was even better than our last visit in June. We had fire shrimp and fish tacos for appetizers. The fresh pico and sauce on the tacos was excellent. For dinner we had pork loin, free range chicken and rib eye. My free range chicken came with a very flavorful ragout of fingerling potatoes, portobello mushrooms, pearl onions, zuchini and asparagus. Chef Will Corke certainly knows his way around sauces! They were terrific on all of our entrees. We shared a perfect Creme brulee with a sweet/tart raspberry compote, apple crisp and vanilla ice cream with a fantastic home made fudgy chocolate sauce. Our waitress was very attentive and even made us placemats with black napkins when we were embarassed by the mess we made passing around tastes. The singer/guitar player was excellent and played beautifuly without overshadowing our conversation. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurenJaneMcC
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed at this bed and breakfast for a quick get away with some friends. The staff was welcoming and even better, I was able to park my car in the parking lot for free. My friends met me at the back patio bar, where the bartender Joe, served a fabulous sangria. We decided to stay for dinner and we were impressed with the service and delicious food. The herb stuffed roasted chicken was juicy and full of flavor. I wished I lived closer to New Hope, just to stop in for dinner anytime.

Room Tip: I enjoyed one of the suites in the main house. It was on the second floor and overlooked the back courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had dinner there and did not stay there. We had been here many times before it had reopened.
It is a wonderful building with loads of character. The dinner menu is short, but offers beef, chicken and fish selections, possibly vegetarian. My $34 ahi tuna was overpriced for the size of the portion and slightly overcooked, not good for tuna. When my meal was served I was informed a tomato salad was substituted for veges and potatoes, what? How does that work out? My friend's dinner was a better portion, but average flavor.
I feel the place has no identity. With a near empty dining room possibly a less expensive menu and more choices would fit the typical weekend traffic. Not sure, but something's needs to be done or unfortunately the place will not last.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at the Mansion Inn on June 14 and 15 for a family wedding. The Inn was very nice but the service is a bit raggedy. Other rooms are lovely but ours was meh with a very tight bathroom and the air conditioner was not installed. You need this to cover the noise from outside if not for the heat. We asked but it was never installed. Also the invoicing was a bit screwed up and the room was not set up properly for the three people as requested. Breakfast is also a bit unpredictable. They need more help when the Inn is filled. On a weekend they were out of basics like eggs, toast, orange juice and they have no de-caff coffee which seems strange. Breakfast service needs a lot of work although it is well meaning. They do a big restaurant business but that leaves no place to sit if you are a guest and the seating areas are taken up by diners. Hopefully for the future they can get their act together.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the barn or the Balmoral room. The others are much nicer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just spent the last weekend in New Hope and had a great weekend. Our stay at the Mansion Inn was very nice and Alex was very accommodating. The new owners have only been operating the inn for 10 weeks and they are clearly still learning. The inn is very nice, but in need of some updating. The only negative aspect of our stay was breakfast. Since this is advertised as a Bed & Breakfast, there should be a formal breakfast. Instead, the server (who is also the cook) tells you he will cook whatever you want. They try very hard to meet requests, but they don't always have what you want and breakfast ends up a little disorganized. They would do better with a formal menu, so guests know what they have and they know what to stock. Also, the kitchen doesn't open until 8 AM, so they need to put out a pot of coffee for early risers. Regardless of this issue, our stay was very nice and I'm sure they'll only improve. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Hampton Court Room is very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family