“Good location, overpriced”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
Olivia's Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Stephan House a few weekends ago weekend and was was underwhelmed with our stay. The room itself, The Stephan, had a king sized bed and was one of the newer rooms. The room was small and musty. That I can understand as it is a B&B, but my one true complaint was the bed. It was VERY uncomfortable. The springs had gone and it sloped down to one side. A bed is crucial to any room and we were shocked this was of such poor quality.

In the house itself they have a fridge downstairs where you can keep your drinks or food and offer a continental breakfast in the morning. There is also a common area with a TV.

Overall it was an okay B&B. The price, $235 per night, we felt, was way overpriced. We are not sure what we paid for, but I guess it is the location? The room was a little small and again, the bed terrible. We have stayed at alot of B&B's and hotels around the world and are used to paying high prices for hotels, if it was justified in the quality of the property. The Stephan House, sadly, was overpriced and in the end was a disappointment for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carribtraveller

Reviewed 9 April 2012

After reading all the rave reviews i was expecting something great. This is just an average B&B that is over priced. The pillows and sheets are cheap and uncomfortable. The finish of the room was very poor.There are no tv's in the rooms and the wifi connection was poor. Over two nights my room was not cleaned once.The pub next door is very noisy. However the manager was nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was fine.

I will look else where on my next visit to New Hope/ Lambertville.

Room Tip: not next to the pub
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tibor u
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Great location, beautiful interior, awesome staff! We always love our visits to the Stephan House, this week was no exception. The Stephan House is in an ideal location for you to devour New Hope. It is just up the hill from the bridge and main street, right in the middle of the action. Parking is free and the breakfast is perfect to hold you over till you get an omelet at the Full Moon over the bridge in beautiful Lambertville. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Do you like to people watch? Get Room 6 with it's long balcony that overlooks all the action...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

After spending this past weekend at The Stephan House I felt compelled to write a review. My boyfriend and I had the most romantic get away and enjoyed every second of our time spent at the Inn! The fireplace in the room was amazing and just added to the ambiance! It is one of the most warm and comfortable B&B's I have ever stayed in! Kudos to the owner and staff at The Stephan House! I would recommend to all!~

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferJ596
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stay in hotel chains every week for business. I stayed at the Stephan House to get away for a few days. It was exactly what I needed to clear my head and relax. Every detail is impeccably taken care of but it is not pretentious. Situated right in New Hope's ambience it is a fabulous place to go away as a couple or to go away and stay for a "girls' weekend". I stayed there during the week before Christmas and it was almost magical. I wished I had booked more time there. I'll visit there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Logan Inn
#7 of 19 in New Hope
0.8 km away
Fox and Hound Bed and Breakfast of New Hope

Been to Olivia's Bridge Street Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK