“Romantic with Historic Rustic Appeal and Quality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Hope
The Inn at Phillips Mill
Ranked #8 of 19 New Hope B&B and Inns
Windsor, NJ
“Romantic with Historic Rustic Appeal and Quality”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I surprised my wife on her birthday to a dinner that exceeded our expectations. The atmosphere was very historic and romantic. It was if we were back in time. We had an early seating and we had a room to ourselves for half of our dinner. The fire place warmed our hearts as we sat, sipped on wine and held hands. Kathy our waitress was very pleasant and prompt. The pace of our dinner was perfect and the food was way above average. The quantity of food was plenty for the hearthy of appetities and except that I personally like everything very very hot, the quality and temperature was great. A place I would recommend to everyone. The staff and host allowed you to take your time, they really left you along unless something was needed. Overall an experience that we both will rembember and charish.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We are local to the New Hope area. "The Inn" is our restaurant of choice when entertaining out of town guests, going out on date night or celebrating an event.

The food and atmosphere recreate a French country inn, complete with candles and fresh flowes throughout, a roaring fire and cozy linen covered tables.

The major advantage is the BYOB feature. Its rare to be able to enjoy fine French food and afford the wines you want to drink from the wine list. The BYO feature enables wine fans to bring favorite bottles from their cellars - and they do. I've seen Lynch Bages 1970 and Mouton Rothschild opened at adjacent tables. We've found if you bring equivilent quality wine and offer a taste to adjacent diners, they often respond in kind.

The menu is very reasonably priced. The "sleeper" is the combination of the house salad to start ($7or 8) and the chichen ($ 18). They are known for their lamb (about $ 35). The duck (about $25) is excellent.

The restaurant has a couple of drawbacks which advance planning can solve. First, they book up quickly for weekends. You can't call at Friday noon for a 7:00 PM table that night. You need to plan several days in advance or dine during the week.

Second, the Inn doesn't accept credit cards. Come with cash or check. They explain this when you call.

Another benefit - They are open seven days a week.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryce S
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful and romantic dinner there this past weekend--I will definitely eat there again! The food was delicious, and the ambience was perfect--we were seated at a corner table by the outside terrace. And even though it was a very packed Saturday night, the noise level was very minimal. However, I would not recommend reserving a room. When we got there, there wasn't anyone who seemed to want to help us check in--finally someone took us to our room and abruptly left. There was no nice welcome, or an explanation of anything, such as what time breakfast would be served in the morning. Well, that's because there is no breakfast--a croissant, small muffin, and coffee was brought up to our room the next morning. We thought this was a Bed and Breakfast??? Not worth the money to stay overnight. And there wasn't even so much as a clock in the room, which we thought was a bit odd. And trying to check out the next morning was a challenge--there was no one to be found to help us so we ended up walking around for a while looking for someone. Dinner--highly recommend the restaurant. Accomodations--can find more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank AngelinaMP
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My wife and I chose the Inn for our 36th anniversary dinner. It was spectacular in every way!
We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, seated in at a lovely garden/terrace table that reminded me of being in Italy. The service was attentive without being overwhelming. The food was incredible. I had a crab appetizer that simple but full of flavor. My wife had scallops which were cooked to perfection. I had grilled land chops that were perfectly done and delicious. Each meal came with scrumptious potatoes and beautiful vegetables (not overcooked!). I really like the fact that it is a BYOB restaurant. The cost of a meal here is not economical but it is worth it for a special evening out. I strongly recommend you go and enjoy the food and the atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingSoulMan
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We didn't stay here, so I can't comment on the accommodations. However, during our 20th anniversary celebration, my husband and I dined at the restaurant. The service was fabulous. It is a BYO, so we brought a bottle of champagne someone had given us, but when the waitress brought it to our table, she said she thought the bottle was "compromised" because there was no fizz and it smelled odd. We asked her to dispense with it, but were visibly disappointed because there was no place to get a substitute bottle (Sunday night at 7:30). To our surprise we were offered two glasses of red wine, on the house, that were taken from a bottle they had in the kitchen. We also were not aware that they did not accept credit cards and our waitress suggested that we just come by the next day with the money. (We did not take her up on that--my husband ran out to an ATM leaving me to wait there, but it is the thought that counts). The food was excellent--I had the special soup, arftichoke cream, which was delicious and innovative--along with the lamb chops, which were prepared just as I had ordered. My husband had the mache salad with the olive tapenade and goat cheese and then the steak in wine sauce, also fabulous. The vegetables were roasted, not boiled to death, and they were flavorful. We shared an orange creme brulee for dessert--very nice.
I'd definitely return here--but of course, next time we go I will bring a blank check or a lot of cash!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
7.2 km away
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
The Inn at Bowman's Hill
#2 of 19 in New Hope

Been to The Inn at Phillips Mill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK