“Most Uncomfortable Bed”

Comfort Inn Amish Country
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Holland
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I generally like the Choice Hotels chain but this one, well, I'm glad we only stayed one night. The bed was hard as a rock and I woke up through out the entire night unable to get comfortable. And it was expensive. The breakfast room was over crowded and the food was ok - typical. For the price we paid though we should have been more comfortable. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The staff were very friendly which is why I didn't give it a lower score.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Escaped to PA Dutch country from Hurricane Irene. Had a 12+ hours power loss and I can't say enough about the entire staff. My family and I travel a bit and this was the nicest staff I've ever dealt with. Room was immaculately clean and it's easy to see why this property is a platinum winner from the Choice hotel chain. Would highly recommend to all.

3  Thank bigkahuana
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel is outside of Lancaster PA and we were happy to find it since we were traveling with our dog. That said, I am mystified by the prices hotels in this area charge. The people at the hotel were very friendly, there was coffee in the lobby, and the rooms were adequate -- nothing special but reasonably clean, with a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is provided, but the room is very cramped and the offerings are pretty standard. While overall the hotel is fine, it is by no means exceptional. I would stay there again but only for about half the price.

1  Thank hokumplus
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The reception clerk went beyond the call of duty in giving us advice inn places to go and offering to provide more telephonically if we needed it as we toured. Only problem was the motel is stories and there is no elevator. Fortunately we only stated for two nights and didn't carry much but had we planned to stay longer I'm not sure my heart could have endured walking up and down the stairs that often. Again, I have to commend the staff, they were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room!
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This hotel looks nice from the outside, until you get to the entrance. The have two benches right at the door, opposite of one another. While at the hotel you'll find that anytime you arrive or leave there will be employees sitting at there having their smokes. They don't seem to have a designated smoking area, just light it up anywhere. Cigarettes everywhere on the front lot. Trust me, your going to smell like smoke during your stay.
The other bad was virtually no air conditioning in the breakfast area.
The rooms were not bad, but with these other problems, well it just ruined the stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Harvest Drive Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Intercourse
16.6 km away
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection

Been to Comfort Inn Amish Country? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK