“Choking”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Lake Ariel
“Choking”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Beautiful hotel but if you are allergic to smoke like me or you just don't want to be in a smoking room there are no guarantees. I booked 3 weeks in advance and requested a non-smoking room. When I got there I was told they were all sold out of non-smoking rooms. This is a health issue and I was very unhappy that I had to cough through the one night stay. I was not compensated in any way for my inconvenience just told over and over again "first come first served, no guarantee". Real nice for a stay you planned in advance!

Room Tip: I would recommend if you are in the area to go to Mohegan Sun in Plains instead and stay at a hotel...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Choking
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just came back from a girls day out road trip. We had a blast. Upon arriving at the casino we were impressed that it was so clean and crowded. The food was excellent. I agree with other reviewers about the quality of the buffet (it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the food tasted great). The service was great at the entire casino, even the other patrons were friendly. The only issue we had was with the smoke. There was entirely too much smoke. There are signs up that show where the smoking sections are, but in my opinion there are just way too many. I would definitely go there again despite the smoke because the service and cleanliness was worth it. We all really enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Qiah
NEPA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We are fortunate that our comps allow us to stay at such a nice hotel without charge, although I don't think I would mind paying if we had a short vacation and no comps. Very friendly desk people, casino workers are always polite, nice, and helpful. Would suggest anyone to stay here but go to the buffet on friday night! EXCELLENT!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank delidelight
Newburyport Ma
Reviewed 21 April 2012

4 nights @ Mt Airy, april 15th thru 18th, room 422 suite, great, housekeeping was excelent. diner @ Reds sunday, food, service was the
best, Monday diner noodle bar food cook to order very good, Tuesday we tried the buffet not bad for people that don't do buffet's, wed was the the Itilian restaurant, great, we did day trips Bushkill falls, winery, the worlds largest general store, gambleing, made money on slots the 1st night and played on there money the rest of our stay, lost on let it ride,
overall great time and stay, we will go back

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tjbre
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was very fortunate to have won an overnight stay at Mount Airy Lodge, but was treated as though I was paying for the best room in the house! Everyone was so polite and friendly, from the shuttle driver to the front desk personnel. They made me feel very welcome. The room was clean, fresh smelling and spacious with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was also clean, with a large shower. This was the nicest casino hotel I have ever stayed at.

Also had dinner at Red's steak house. The food was excellent! he crab cakes were the best I have ever had and the filet mignon was cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth delicious! Dessert was scrumptous as well. The entire staff, both management and servers were extremely attentive and courteous. The restaurant manager came to our table, addressed me by name (I had a reservation) and asked how we enjoyed our meals. I thought that was a very nice touch.

Will definitely plan another trip to Mount Airy Lodge. It is approximately the same driving time from my home to there and Atlantic City and Foxwoods, but much nicer than either of the others.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
35.3 km away
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK