Mount Airy Casino Resort
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mount Pocono)
US$ 260
ComfortInn
Hotel M, Mount Pocono(Mount Pocono)
US$ 108
Paradise Stream Resort(Mount Pocono)
US$ 246
US$ 223
US$ 150
US$ 129
US$ 97
US$ 90
US$ 218
Chestnut Grove Resort(Mount Pocono)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,383 results
All reviewsgolf coursebetty's dineritalian restaurantvalet parkingtable gamesmini baratlantic cityslot machinesbisteccapoker roomnon smokingnoodle barglass barstay overnightguy fierimy husband and iairy casino resort
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was very fortunate to have won an overnight stay at Mount Airy Lodge, but was treated as though I was paying for the best room in the house! Everyone was so polite and friendly, from the shuttle driver to the front desk personnel. They made me feel very welcome. The room was clean, fresh smelling and spacious with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was also clean, with a large shower. This was the nicest casino hotel I have ever stayed at.

Also had dinner at Red's steak house. The food was excellent! he crab cakes were the best I have ever had and the filet mignon was cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth delicious! Dessert was scrumptous as well. The entire staff, both management and servers were extremely attentive and courteous. The restaurant manager came to our table, addressed me by name (I had a reservation) and asked how we enjoyed our meals. I thought that was a very nice touch.

Will definitely plan another trip to Mount Airy Lodge. It is approximately the same driving time from my home to there and Atlantic City and Foxwoods, but much nicer than either of the others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lauriew253
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We went to Mt. Airy Casino resort this past weekend for my birthday. As soon as we pulled up we were greeted warmly by the valet. Check-in was a breeze. We got to our room and it was very clean! The bathroom was large and very nice with a huge shower. The casino was a little crowded, but we didn't have a problem finding room at the tables. We had dinner at Red Steakhouse. The food was incredible! I don't think I have ever had such wonderful service and attention and the quality of the meal was stupendous. Yes, it was a little expensive, but we were celebrating so wanted to have the best. The bed in the room was to die for! The mattress was so very soft, and the pillows were like clouds! As a matter of fact, I looked at the tag and am going to order them online!
We wanted to stay for a few hours after check-out. We called the desk and they said they would have someone come get our bags and hold them for us. I hardly had time to pack everything up before there was a knock on the door!
My fiancee played in a poker tournament while I got a massage at the spa. Best massage I have ever had! And, yes, I have had many before. Everyone in the spa was very professional, warm and friendly.
I have to say we will be traveling to Mt. Airy instead of Foxwoods from now on. Thank you Mt. Airy for a great birthday weekend!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hope10511
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Everything is nice and new, but still some rough spots. We were off the main lobby near the Spa, through two sets of doors. Bathroom door handle had a couple of dirt spots on it. I noticed a black hair in the bathroom ceiling. While taking a shower, the water leaked out at the base in the wall onto the floor, making a good size flood in a matter of minutes. Some of the grout almost looked like mold was growing. We had a non-smoking room, which was fine, but overlook a parking or valet lot. For the price we paid, we should of had better ($325/night).

The bed seemed a little hard. They had down comforters wrapped in sheets. We had exact same bedding setup in a London Hotel high end room.

We only went to the buffet, some food was good, other was not quite there. While waiting, I could not get over how loud the music and background noise were. I was almost shouting to make conversation. When we did sit down, the buffet had it's own music and the volume was a little better, but not by much. We got there right at 5 pm, which was good as the line started to get longer. The Manhattan clam chowder seemed week on the flavor-watery. The sweet and sour chicken was good, fish was fishy flavor (salmon was ok, but maybe dry). Vegetables were good. The Turkey was fine, roast beef was salty and a little too much pepper. I don't eat starches, but had a small taste of mashed potatoes, which seemed fine. My wife said chinese fried rice wasn't that great. The coffee was excellent, very hot and good flavor (Taitiana your right). The desserts seemed tightly controlled, but you could go back a second time.

We did get to the diner and had a chocolate shake, but were disappointed as it had a very weird flavor. Maybe it was going sour? Though, I noticed others with shakes, so the ice cream should of been fresh. I had jalapeno poppers and they were good. The last one didn't taste that great.

We came primarily to see Gloriana at Gypsies. It's a small venue, but your close to the band. There are some large columns and if your in the mezzanine a low ceiling, which may make the stage hard to see. It was not too loud, so my ears felt comfortable afterwards. There's a bar and waitresses walking around throughout the show.

I was able to get wireless in the room, there was a network connection, but no cable. I wasn't able to check out on the tv, so I had to go to the front desk.

I shouldn't mention this, but valet service is free (or maybe the Atlantic City people will take note), unlike Atlantic City where you have to pay per hour or so.

The casino was pretty crowded, I don't think I've ever seen soo many slot machines seats filled before. The casino did not seem too smokey. We were in Luxor recently and had a tough time getting used to the smoke.

Some of the staff did not seem very happy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I don't know what happenned in the pocono mountains since I visited there last, but Mount Airy has been reborn.
Let me start by saying I visited the hotel and casino during the week, Tuesday through Friday.
Did a bit of sight seeing, but spent a good amount of time in the casino.(my wife's weakness)
First, the hotel.
Greeted at valet parking with a warm welcome, genuine, helpful.
Front desk was extremely polite, professional, and again, helpful to answer any questions.
We opted for the upgrade offered to us at 80.00 dollars a night.
I've stayed in many Atlantic City casino hotels and have also opted for their upgrades to the small suites.
While most Atlantic city suites are a bit larger, none were as modern or comfortable as the Mount Airy suite.
The bathroom was perfect. shower stall with multiple heads and large enough for anyone.
The room was furnished nicely, and very, very clean. Nice amenities.
Down side of the room-no fridge, and a minibar that if you touched anything, a sensor would automatically charge your room. The minibar should be taken out and a fridge put in.
The housekeeping staff was efficient and courteous.

The rest of the hotel, was spotless as well, rustic but modern lobby area, entryway, etc.

Casino-nothing has changed with our luck, as we never win in Atlantic City or Vegas, we didn't do much better in Mount Airy.
I was expecting the worse with so many complaints about smoking, but it wasn't an issue with me or my wife. We both never smoked, and think smoking is a horrible habit, nasty habit, but to each his/her own. As long as someone wasn't sitting next to one of us, or standing at the dice table blowing smoke in my face, I found it a non issue. I believe the bulk of the people that complain about it, haven't experienced or remember years ago when smoking was everywhere, and the exhaust/circulation system at the Mount Airy casino was fine.
I find people who lose money who shouldn't be in a casino in the first place, look for anything to complain about. If one doesn't have a smoke allergy, I don't believe the smoke is a problem.
Ofcourse, we were there on weekdays, not sure how the weekends are.
Food-there isn't much of a choice if you dont want to spend alot.
We found the staff at Betty's diner excellent, the food great, and the prices decent, so we did breakfast and lunch there a couple of days.
The buffet is ok. It wasn't the greatest casino buffet I've been too, and far from the worst.
We took advantage of the 9.99 over 55 deal(wednesday,we just made it, sometimes it pays to be old), and then again Thursday night 9.99 deal for card holders. We even used my wife's points to only pay 15 dollars for both of us. And that, cannot be beat. I didn't sample everything. I stuck to the salad bar, a veggie or two, and alot of ribs, since I love ribs. My wife, had alot of shrimp, and I believe she sampled 75% of the food offered, including ice cream and cheese cake.
My wife absolutely loved the buffet(she only weighs 125 lbs, but she likes to nibble on 20 items)
They are currently putting in a starbucks and that will be a nice touch to grab a cup of joe or a small snack.
We didn't eat in the steakhouse, noodle bar, and I believe there was an Italian restaurant.
I have my favorite Italian restaurants here in NY, didn't need to experiment.
The hotel newstand offers coffee, and like all hotel newsstands, everything is pricey.

Overall, I found the Mount Airy a breath of fresh air. Modern, and I believe the management of this property understands the secret to running a successful hotel/casino.
The staff was super friendly, courteous, helpful, from the valets, the waitresses, housekeeping, casino staff, can't say enough about the staff.
Big Kudo's, to the people running things there.You figured it all out and are running a top notch hotel casino.
It aint the Mount Airy I took my kids to 25 years ago.

As soon as time permits, we plan on returning with some friends to enjoy a few days.

Atlantic City? Sorry, there is a new kid on the block, where the air is clean, the people are friendly, and the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The rooms look really nice but it's tough to get a room comped. The food is not that great. There is WAYYYY too much cigarette smoke on the casino floor although the decor is fairly nice. No free drinks from the cocktail waitresses while you are playing slots, you have to pay for them. Some staff members are quite rude. The tables are over-crowded and most are $25 minimum and up (on weekends at least).

There aren't many "loose" machines. Not many people appear to be winning, yet there are plenty of people gambling. Lots of penny and nickel slot players. Couldn't find any lucky quarter or dollar machines.

In PA, I had much better luck at Parx, and in NY at Resorts World. Another downside is the fact that there are no other casinos in the area, so you can't casino-hop if you are having bad luck, like in AC or Vegas. You are stuck there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends