“They really know how to cook!”
Review of Cafe Antonio

Cafe Antonio
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Antonio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Morrisville
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: next to calhoun street bridge
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here to meet a friend for lunch. Ate on the pizzeria side where, seemingly, all the restaurant items are offered anyway. Ordered the salmon Caesar salad, which was accompanied with a wonderful, large roll and butter. It was the best piece of salmon I had: moist, flaky, not over cooked. Reasonably priced. Will return!

Anthony A, Manager at Cafe Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thanks for your 5 star review. We love to hear from our awesome customers and are so glad you enjoyed your salmon Caesar salad. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Whether you're in the mood for a white table cloth, classic Italian dining experience or a more casual take-out pizza, Café Antonio has it all. On a recent evening, we opted for the fine dining section of the establishment (on the building's left side) and enjoyed a delicious dining out experience. While the place apparently draws a crowd of regulars, we dined early & were able to do so without a reservation.

My husband began his meal with an excellent rendition of Bruschetta (the toast served separately from the chopped tomato mixture). For his entrée, he thoroughly enjoyed his flavorful Chicken Marsala served w/ capellini. I was delighted with my starter course of Ricecini (3 rice balls stuffed with ground meat, peas & sauce, served with tomato sauce) & my dinner entrée - a huge portion of delicious Veal Sorrento (sautéed veal medallions topped w/ eggplant & prosciutto in a white wine sauce w/ a splash of marinara), served over capellini pasta. Half my entrée went home w/ me to be enjoyed again the following evening.

Anthony A, Manager at Cafe Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thanks for the great and incredibly well written review. We are so glad to see you had a 5 star experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Ate there for my sister’s birthday. We ordered pasta for my son, Salmon for my sis, and seafood pasta pockets for her husband, I had the chicken with roasted garlic and long hits. My bro-in-law’s dish was fabulous! The seafood cream sauce was unbelievably good. I want to go back just to get that dish. One negative was the scallops. They were rubbery, flavorless and left a tingly sensation in our mouths (we all share). Not sure what’s up with the scallops. Even with the scallops, I’d order that dish. My sister’s Salmon was very good, as was my dish. The chicken was nicely flavored, with whole cloves of garlic. I would have liked more of the long hots.

The big miss was my son’s pasta sauce. It was shockingly sweet. My chef bro-in-law said it was like Chef-Boyardee. Not sure I agree, but it was terrible. I was wondering how they could put out such delicious food and sauces and the pasta sauce is so so bad. Wondering if they do a sweet sauce just for kids???

The salads with house Italian was also delicious.

For dessert we had lemon cake (perfection), a cannoli (yum), and a peanut butter ice cream coated in chocolate with caramel in the center (good).

Go! Looking forward to our next visit.

Anthony A, Manager at Cafe Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for your very detailed review Doug. We are glad to hear you had a good experience and you found most of our dishes to be delicious. That being said we will definitely review with our kitchen your comments about some of the dishes that didn't appeal to you or some of your family members to ensure that these were just a one off and make the necessary adjustments to improve where possible. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Let me explain Cafe Antonio is cut into two portions one side is a very fine restaurant and the other side a pizzeria. Both sides are a real winner! On the pizza side the chicken cheesesteak is something to rave about. On the fine dining side it's hard to find something that isn't outstanding. Go there soon you won't be sorry! :-)

Anthony A, Manager at Cafe Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Walter, Thanks for the review. We are so happy to hear you had a great experience and enjoyed our food on both sides! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the apps and the food. We were very surprised how nice the restaurant was. We were expecting a pizza joint but it was so much better...

Anthony A, Manager at Cafe Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thanks so much for the great review DotD. So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.