“Horrible experience ”

Golden China Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Morrisville
Cuisines: Asian
Description: They are reviewed on Urban Spoon already.
Description: They are reviewed on Urban Spoon already.
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We come to this restaurant at least once a week, mostly for a quick lunch. Sometimes we will do take out for dinner but typically we will go there for dinner. The servers know us, we never cause a problem and we have been in the food world for a long time so we always tip well. Last night was the second meal in a month that has been awful. We literally waited 40 minutes for the first meal to come out of the kitchen- moo sho. Nothing fancy, no special requests. I asked the waiter what was taking so long- the restaurant was half empty. He said that the orders that were phoned in for delivery were before ours. WHAT? So as they are getting phone orders, they keep pushing our orders back? A couple walked in as we were finishing our soup. They were served their 2 dinners before our first meal came out. They complained about their meals, sent them both back. Their meals came back out. Then our first dish came out. About 12 minutes later, my meal came out. My husband and I now have to stop and wait for the other couple to get their food. Literally 15 minutes later, we are still sitting waiting. Can't get our servers attention at all, and I know that was planned on his part. I have this same guy almost every single time I am there. Finally the next dish comes out, my vegetables are cold of course, we have to ask for more tea again, the couple across from us decides to send the meal back after all this time, and we never see the waiter again until check time. Am so disgusted with this place right now.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Step up from ordinary Chinese restaurants. They have sushi & sashimi too.
Lovely decor and friendly wait staff. Great food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The food is great and consistent , service exceptional and really clean place. They are hands up on and really good.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

They offer one of the nicer rooms in the neighborhood, and a BYO is always a plus.
The service is variable.. sometimes good, others not so much.
The food is just Ok.. really no better than the fast food take out Chinese , which is ok but the nice room raises expectations. My dining partner ordered the Gen Tsao chicken, and clearly the chicken nuggets had been fried a long time ago.. they were reheated and doused with sauce to serve.
This serves its purpose as a decent neighborhood joint, but keep your food choices simple.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Just spent $55 on takeout. Opened a box of sushi and found an inch long gray hair. I immediately called and spoke with the owner (female - don't remember her name) who said that was not possible. She said she needed to see the gray hair in order to validate the report. Crazy - I hadn't saved the gray hair as I didn't think I needed to actually hold onto it for evidence. She was extremely rude and ended up hanging up on me. I asked if the place has changed ownership which she said was not the case, but we used to order from there on a regular basis a few years back and always had a good experience. This was horrible - we will never eat there again. I also agree with another reviewer - the only thing I manged to eat before finding the hair tonight was a dumpling, and I found it to be extremely chewy and doughy...not at all like the quality we were used to in years past.