“Awesome food n good local bar”

Old Village Inn Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Morgantown
Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

Place is a bit rough inside for bar area. One of the few bars you can go to n still smoke in. Trust me, you will come out smelling like a burnt cig if you go at night. They have a eating area as well but very old school. Food is pretty amazing. Highly recomend wings on wing night. Best wings in the area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

This old rather shabby eatery is conveniently near the PA Turnpike, so it was a good place to meet a friend for lunch. The dining room has a huge fireplace, with appropriate dead animals on the walls. However, the lunch fare was overpriced and mediocre. I suspect the bar is the place's main attraction.

Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

My husband took me to lunch in the city he works. I wouldn't say you have a ton of choices as the town isn't all that big. To begin you have a fair amount of parking. One side through a closed door is the smoking bar section. The awful cigarette smell permeates everything. Why even have indoor smoking? The left side is the restaurant which is non - smoking. It doesn't matter as it still smells horrendous. The dining room is filled with stuffed animals on the wall, around the fireplace and in other nooks and crannies. We were the only couple besides a man waiting to take out wings on this not busy Friday afternoon.

Our waitress was an older woman who seemed polite but didn't offer too many suggestions on what to eat. We tried the french onion and seafood bisque. The french onion wasn't the best I've ever had or made but it wasn't awful. The seafood bisque used real seafood which was impressive. The taste per my husband was good. We had hot, open face roast beef and turkey sandwiches. The white bread standard was there with what appeared to be the same gravy for both plates. The roast beef was actually tender with a good flavor. It wasn't luncheon meat but the real deal. The turkey was actually quite good but not enough to cover the bread unfortunately. The meat was moist and tender. We both had mashed potatoes with gravy. The mashed are real potatoes with a good flavor and consistency.

We tried a peanut butter pie and apple pie a la mode for dessert. The peanut butter pie was light, delicious and with a perfectly peanut butter taste. I'd recommend this. My husband liked the apple pie a la mode. The serving was a generous portion with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. I do have to say the fresh brewed tea was really off in taste. It could be the tea they use. You only get regular sugar or Sweet N Low. Yuck all around. I changed to diet soda and was charged again for the drink. That wasn't acceptable. Overall $52 for a fair lunch won't have us return. Stop if you must. Not a must do.

Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

I was overcharged for food I didn't order. The waitress was an older woman who was extremely rude. She was a curgudgeon and there was no redeeming qualities about her or the service. I informed her about being charged for items I didn't order and she had a fit about taking it off my receipt. The food was descent and the prices were fair. The place smelled like a lonely alcoholic who smoked 3 packs a day. I won't be back based on the awful service from the old woman who was our server.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Service was slow and we were the only ones there on a Friday might. Should have been out first clue. Food arrived. Two of the beef sandwiches were ice cold and dry. My drench dip sandwich had one cold slab of dry meat on one side of the roll and a few crumbs of meat on the other. We complained before the waitress left the table. Manager comes over and argues if its cold she doesn't know how long it sat since we were served. Then touched my meat and says she can take it back and warm it up. Not give me more meat. Forget it! I ordered a club sandwich. On the bill they charged me .80 for white bread. Guess bread doesn't come with a club sandwich.

1  Thank Ripleyreview