“will never stay at a comfort inn again”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“will never stay at a comfort inn again”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

the only reason we stayed here was due to no other lodging closer to Penn State for the football game, however, it was very dingy............wallpaper was peeling off the wall, bathroom was dirty, leftover soap scum in shower, carpet was stained as well as it was in need of vacuuming as there were pieces of candy on the floor in various spots, everything was dusty and to top it off, we called for a wakeup call, which never happened, they apologized in the morning by saying we will pass that info on??????????? Thankfully, I woke up on my own. It just had an overall disgusting feeling to the room and will never stay here again, I guess you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank debcoh
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Morrisville, PA
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This hotel is in a good location to Penn State when the State College hotels are booked but wouldn't stay otherwise. The lobby and hallways were dirty and the breakfast area is way to small for all the hotel guests. The room wasn't that clean especiallly the bathroom. Hotel staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mill Hall hotels

Westborough, MA
Reviewed 23 August 2010

At the rate you'll pay, the Comfort Inn is a poor value. The convenient location just off I-80 is this place's strong point, but it's downhill after that. Unfortunately, the high rate and poor upkeep reflect the lack of competition in the area. The new (2-3 year old) Hampton Inn next door is much nicer, but their rates are accordingly higher.

While I have stayed here perhaps 10 times over 15 years, the condition of the property and the level of service have steadily declined. Management refuses to staff the hotel properly -- especially housekeeping -- and the understaffing is not a temporary condition.

Although the room was relatively clean when we checked in (housekeeping was still cleaning rooms at 8pm), we returned late on the second evening to discover that the room had never been cleaned that day. This has never happened to me in decades of traveling. When I requested that my bill be adjusted to reflect that we had not received this most essential of the few services they provide, the manager insulted me by reducing the bill by $8.50. Really? In light of the fact that it costs the hotel absolutely nothing for me to stay the night if they don't clean the room, they could have refunded me the second night's charges and still made a profit.

Room amenities are minimal, the rooms are just about worn out, and usually just clean enough to tolerate. The hallways are dingy and occasionally foul-smelling. The free breakfast is served in a 4-foot by 5-foot alcove, and the waffles you make yourself -- if you manage to elbow your way through the crowd -- serve as the only hot food. The service in the restaurant is consistently slow, but inconsistent in every other respect.

I have always hated this place, but have tolerated it out of necessity. Now I can't recommend this place to anyone for any reason -- and I certainly won't be staying here again, even though that leaves me the choice of not visiting my family or paying more to stay elsewhere, either next door or 20 miles away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Peabody, MA
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I've stayed at this property three times. Each time there was some "extenuating" circumstance.

When I checked in late last night I was told that the only rooms left had no air conditioning. Since rooms in the area were in tight supply, I agreed since there was a nice night breeze.

The room had apparently been sealed up without A/C for several days and was entering a sauna. The desk had been repositioned in the room in front of the window making it difficult to open it.

The much touted "high speed internet" was virtually non-existent at the room.

I was finally able to get to sleep in this hell hole only to be woken up at 9 AM by a procession of construction workers acting like the Three Stooges outside my room. They were having a ball banging steel carts into each other.

Last time I stayed here, about a year ago, I was eating breakfast in the restaurant and had to be relocated because the ceiling tiles were about to cave in from the rain. A year later the sagging tiles remain.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel with our daughter's AAU basketball team as we had tournaments at the near by Penn State campus. #1 What they charge for the box you stay in is obsurd. They don't have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms. That was an issue for us as we were staying four days. We complained until they finally brought us a refrigerator. #2-Low water pressure in the toilets. We called them about 5 times to fix our toilet. Each time they came they "claimed" it was fixed, and after calling each time they would reply, "it's not going to be right away". Huh? #3 This was my biggest headache which took 6 days to fix after we were already back home. I supplied them with my debit card to pay for our stay and they first charged too much, then they took out an extra day that we didn't even stay. We went back and forth with the manager who "claimed" it was taken care of yet...the money was debited from my account 1 day, refunded the next day, debited again the next day!!! I was seeing red and was so tempted to drive the 3 hours back from my home, get behind the front desk and take care of the problem myself!!! Trust me, do not stay at this location......!!! I am currently writing a letter to the corporate office regarding this location and their incompetent staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
38.2 km away
Super 8 State College
Super 8 State College
#21 of 26 in State College

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK