Scottish Inns Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 87
Travelocity
Milford Motel(Milford)
US$ 82
Hampton Inn Matamoras(Matamoras)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
US$ 114
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsdelmonico roombar louisgranolacontinental breakfastsushi pizzanext doorturn down serviceheated towel rackdeluxe roomcorner roompastrysun roomsmall townheated floorsfirst ratecharming hotelbaked goods
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I truly feel so-so about this hotel, but the niceness and overall willingness to serve by everyone here makes it a 4-star rather than 3-star experience. Also, after having spent a couple nights in a souped-up, overly modern, urban hotel where it’s impossible to figure out how to turn on just one light, I appreciate the simplicity of this place. The light switches are where they should be, and there is no need to wait for the elevator if you’re able to climb one or two flights of carpeted stairs. This feels more like a very nice bed and breakfast with more privacy. That said, though the included continental breakfast (service starting at 8) is included in the rate, no one was around at 8:30 to seat or serve anyone the two mornings I was here. This means you have to go next door to the bakery, the baked goods of which are delicious, but the line is lengthy and their Americanos are $4 diluted excuses of espresso.

While I write this review, my upstairs neighbors are pounding on the ground. It seems like they are walking around with anvils strapped to their feet. It is 9pm, why won’t they stop? It is not their fault I can hear them, I don’t think. But this is where the line between luxury hotel and lovely bed and breakfast is crossed. A luxury hotel makes you feel at home, almost like no one else is there. Here, on a Thursday and Friday night, I can hear everyone upstairs, downstairs, and on the street (I’m on the second floor, the dog-friendly floor). My dog is the quietest creature here.

The bathroom has delightfully heated floors and a heated towel bar. These things are much appreciated on a thirty degree November night. My bath towel was brand new; it was so soft, it left lint all over my face. The Kiehl’s products are a nice touch, though the one thing I forgot was toothpaste, and luckily my husband had a lick leftover for me in his travel kit, because there was none to be found at the hotel.

The deluxe room has a full bed, not a queen. It’s not comfortable enough to want to stay in it all day, which is great because it motivated us to go hiking in cold weather. The tv is about 13” and a bit antiquated. Also a great reason to go outdoors. There is an ihome dock that supports iPhone 4, so be sure to pack a charger for any model later than that.

I’d like to thank Fauchere for being so accommodating to pets. It is not easy to travel with pets, and they really have the perfect set up for people with dogs to easily access a back stairwell outside, and to enjoy a coffee or brunch on the patio and conservatory.

I would love to say I will be back, if only because of the pet-friendly accommodations and decent restaurants downstairs. I specifically stayed here in search of both those things, but... I probably won’t drive 9 hours roundtrip just to come here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nac212
Megan S, Guest Services Liason at Hotel Fauchere, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hello, thank you for staying with us over Thanksgiving and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry about your noisy neighbors as we do try to ensure people respect the time of day and a peaceful experience for everyone.

We are pleased to welcome pets, (particularly well-behaved quiet ones like yours!) which I know is unusual for a hotel like ours. We consider pets family and many of us have our own dogs or cats that we prefer not to leave home. I'm glad you and your furry friend had the opportunity to stay.

I want to apologize for the delayed start of our continental breakfast that weekend. I'm not sure why there was no one available to seat you at 8:30 am but I can assure you that was an anomaly. We pride ourselves on our service and I'm sorry that was not what you experienced.

If you would like to return to the Hotel Fauchere, please be sure to ask for me or Sean Strub, the owner of the hotel as we'd like to ensure your next experience is everything it should be and more.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We were surprised and charmed by the overall quality of the Hotel Fauchere, particularly the personal friendliness and helpfulness of staff. The continental breakfast was truly amazing — the best we have had anywhere.

Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux

Hi Brian, Thank you for staying with us last winter, we're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the housemade yogurt and granola for breakfast! Perhaps with the warm months here, you'll be able to return for a visit!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

An anniversary get-away— excellent service, great food, and comfortable room with a view of the garden courtyard—trees decorated with white twinkle lights and seasonal decorations were attractive. A second visit for one of us and even better than the first visit. (If you are celebrating a special event, let them know—nice anniversary surprise in our room and a special treat for dessert!. We were also welcome at.check in with anniversary wishes.

Room Tip: Room 11–large bathroom, heated towel bar and great shower. Kielhl toiletries were a treat. Huge windows with lovely view of the courtyard.
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux

Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary getaway with us at the Hotel Fauchere! We do hope you'll return sometime soon! With the warm weather upon us, our guests are enjoying the porch as they watch the activities of MIlford!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We stayed here one evening in November and absolutely loved the experience. The hotel has all the charm and ambience of an upscale bread and breakfast with all the convenience and amenities of a luxury hotel. The building itself is old but it's been tastefully renovated and updated. Our bathroom was very modern and though our bedroom was a touch small it was extremely comfortable. The Delmonico room is a semi-formal dining room that is reminiscent of an earlier era. They served a continental breakfast which was very good. Downstairs is Bar Louis which has a full food menu and has an aura of a speak easy. Definitely not what you expect in rustic Pennsylvania but quite enjoyable. Another nice touch was an extensive binder in the room with numerous activities including sightseeing, hiking and biking trails, and just about anything else you could think of doing during your stay. Treat yourself to a nice weekend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdd58

Thank you for staying with us last November! We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Now that the warm months are upon us, I hope you'll consider returning and trying some of the outdoor activities featured in the binder in your room!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Perfect place to spend a night or weekend. Rooms immaculate,little small. If you just plan to sleep there the room is fine. The bathroom,very spacious, great two nozzle shower, cold tile floor though but warming rack for your towels. Lovely sun room on first floor to relax, read, drink wine. Quaint eating area,nice downstairs bar,friendly hosts. Recommended highly. I will return

Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
seanstrub, Owner at Hotel Fauchere, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thanks for your nice review. If the tile floor was cold, it means the radiant heat was either turned off or malfunctioning. There are only a handful of rooms with a two nozzle shower, so I will have those checked to make sure the radiant floor heat is working properly. Thanks again.