All reviewsdelmonico roombar louisgranolacontinental breakfastsushi pizzanext doorturn down serviceheated towel rackdeluxe roomcorner roompastrysun roomsconesrelais and chateauxheated floorsquichefirst rate
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My wife and I had an excellent two night stay at this hotel. We were warmly greeted at check in and given a tour of the hotel including history. The complimentary bottle of wine in our room was a nice touch as we enjoyed our wine on the front porch one evening. The continental breakfast in the morning was very good and includes yogurt, granola, freshly made pastry, and fruit. Hotel staff were all very well trained and very accommodating. If you do go to Milford definitely worth checking out Grey Towers a national park run by the forestry service. Also, if you are traveling to hotel via Route 15 North and like to browse antiques a stop in town of Lafayette is worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have stayed twice this summer, and we'll be back again next summer when we bring our daughter to (and pick her up from) her summer camp in PA. The rooms and the staff are wonderful. We had enjoyed a quiet night both times. If you read a few of my previous reviews, you'll see I'm picky about my quiet nights - Hotel Fauchere delivered.

On the third and top floor, Room 11 faced the back garden and was very lovely, and Room 16 in the front of the hotel was equally quiet. I can't vouch for the silence on a room on a lower floor, but we good night's rest in both rooms. And milk and chocolate cookies delivered to the room at bedtime.

Both times we've stayed this summer, the staff has gone out of their way to make sure our stay was excellent. If you're in the area, I can't imagine there is a better place to stay.

Room Tip: We've stayed twice, both on the top floor. I'd request the back-facing rooms if possible, overlooking the private garden, but the front-facing room was equally quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BurrNJ
Reviewed 29 August 2014

First, the town of Milford is lovely and just a few miles off route 84. Great to walk around after a few hours in the car. The hotel is really a gem. Old building made elegant and relaxing. Warm welcome with information about the town and area offered. The breakfast is not to be missed - home-made yogurt and pasteries, grapefruit with toasted sugar on top. Lovely porch out front to have a drink and/or dine. We had a third-floor room with a huge walk-in shower. Quiet and comfortable. Espresso and water offered in the room.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto the street but was quiet - but it waws a Monday night.
1  Thank jardinage45
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel Fauchere is a lovely small hotel with quite a history. Everyone from severalUS Presidents to Mae West have stayed here. The owners have quite an impressive collection of original paintings from the Hudson River School on display in the hallways. Our room was clean and decorated in soothing colors and the marble bathroom was luxurious and included Kiheil productsThe room was sparingly decorated and I am sure that was a design choice since everything at this hotel seems to have been well thought out. There were robes in the closet and a Nepresso machine in the room. On arrival there was a personal note from the hotel maître d in which he left his cell number in case we needed anything. Another nice touch was that you can call downstairs when you are ready for bed and they will send up freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, milk and a printed bedtime story. The Frette linens were the softest I have ever slept on. We had a living social deal so continental breakfast was included. The house made yogurt and pastry were delicious and the bruleed grapefruit was tasty. We ate on the front porch two nights from the hotel Bar Louis since the restaurant was not open either night that we stayed. The food was good.
There are only a few things that keep me from giving five stars. Some basic things were missing from the room. There is no refrigerator, iron or hair dryer in the room. There is also no where to really sit in the room. There was one small chair and a desk chair. There really was not anywhere to sit back and relax except your bed and the TV was tiny. If you take the time to read the hotel book on the desk you would see that they would bring you anything that you need including the iron or hairdryer ice etc. but I didn't see it until I was leaving. The only other concern I had was the waitstaff was very young and inexperienced although they were eager to please. Little things like not bringing my juice both mornings and not being able to eat my soup because I didn't have a spoon (My husband was almost finished with his appetizer before I saw my waiter again)etc.
But all in all we enjoyed this lovely little historic hotel in Milford PA.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. I think the rooms at the back of the hotel would be quieter. Just a note this is a dog friendly hotel.
1  Thank RobinSue55
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stopped at this hotel for one night on our way from Connecticut to Lake Wallenpaupack in Pennsylvania. We had a wonderful experience. The staff was so friendly, especially Denise and Joseph. We highly recommend this lovely hotel. The best part of the hotel was the amazing food! I recommend eating at the hotel restaurant, which allows you to eat outside on the porch with your dog. I also recommend opting out of the free continental breakfast and instead ordering the delicious breakfast off the menu. We ended up at staying at this hotel because our Lakeside Cottage made an error in our booking and left us without a place to stay for one night. They accommodated us with our dog at the last minute! I am so grateful that this error happened. We had a great time at the hotel.

4  Thank Lori Q