“Very basic and needs a few updates”

FairBridge Inn Express
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We booked the two rooms at Fairbridge Inn, one with 2 doubles and one with a queen. Check in was very easy and quick. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Our queen mattress was so hard that if felt like it was still in the box. The other room had better mattresses but the pillows felt like bags of sand. The shower head in the bathroom of the double room was mounted so low you had to bend down to get under it.

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean, but it was uncomfortable to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I booked this motel through Orbitz to attend a cat show in Matamoras, PA because it was listed as a pet friendly hotel. I found out closer to the reservation date that this hotel is dog friendly only, cats are not allowed. So I cancelled my reservation with Orbitz, just a few hours short of the 72 hour deadline. And even though the hotel was able to rebook my room and didn't lose any money, and even though they falsely advertise themselves as Pet Friendly, and sent me an email saying my refund would be processed in 5-7 days, they still have taken and refuse to refund the first night which was $119. They seem inflexible and not very customer oriented. I don't appreciate that they are listed as a pet-friendly hotel when they are not. I guess I should have gone there and been turned away because I had a cat. Or I could have played games and moved the reservation date forward and then called and cancelled a day later. This hotel obviously doesn't care about goodwill or being flexible when people have an issue with their false advertising.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Great little place ,great price and quite peaceful. I was a little worried about that being so close to the road but wasn't a problem at all... my room looked like it had some updates paint , new carpeting, and wifi ,, would definitely stay there again !!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2016

I booked an overnight room for $87.20 total. But then, I realized I could drive home and chose not to stay. What a relief. Everything the other reviewers are saying rang true. What they said is also probably true for the other motels in the area, which look equally meh.

Here's what I didn't realize. Five minutes away is a gorgeous hotel experience. Ok, so Hotel Fauchere is more than double the price (at least $180 a night). But it's in a beautiful old building with a wrap-around porch and a lovely restaurant.

It all depends on your wallet and the purpose of your trip.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Upon checking into the Motel, the owner asked me to pay him cash, when I had already paid by credit card. He stated that he would credit my credit card if I paid him cash, which I did. When I walked into my room, the smell was so over whelming, I started to gag! I opened all the windows and left the door open and sprayed air fresher, hoping it would help with the smell of curry. It did nothing. When I sat down on the bed, I realized the mattress had a plastic liner on it. I thought I had checked into a Motel, not a hospital. The carpet was filthy, covered in staines and it looked like it had not been vacuumed in weeks. The chairs and table in the room were disgusting, the chairs had white stains on them and the table base was rusted out. That is when I decided to leave. When I went to the office to return my key and ask for my money back, the owner refused to give me my money back. Not only that, I never received my credit on my credit card, Run, run away from the Milford Motel!

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank pjzkohn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
2.9 km away
9.9 km away
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK