Longswamp Bed and Breakfast
Bear Creek Mountain Resort(Macungie)
US$ 199
Staybridge.com
US$ 123
US$ 96
US$ 103
All reviewsthe main housepleasure of stayingb bcottagefireplacehosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2009

We stayed at Longswamp for one night, we were in the area for the Kutztown Festival and on our way from NY to Lancaster, PA. We were very pleased with the room (The Barn Suite) - it was roomy and private for a family of 4. The kids loved that they were "sleeping in a barn"! The innkeepers were pleasant and warm -- not too fussy or standoffish -- they made you feel like you were staying with friends or family. They were very nice to our kids (not always a given at B&B's). The breakfast was totally delicious and they were accommodating to the kid's tastes as well, offering more fruit when my son ate all of his, and providing cereal when my daughter wasn't too sure she liked the hot entree after tasting it.
The main house is beautiful, but I did see it needed a bit of TLC on the exterior and I agree with the other review that the courtyard is lovely but would be phenomenal if given a bit more attention.
Overall, a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank MomOnTheGoNewYork
Reviewed 21 October 2008

I stay in Bed & Breakfasts whenever possible, and this one is one of the best I've ever experienced. The mansion is beautiful, awe-inspiring and spotlessly clean. The guest quarters in the other buildings have a less majestic atmosphere but are cosy, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Barn Suite which was very cute and comfortable - except that although the mattress on the bed in the bedroom was very good, the futon bed in the living room wasn't very comfortable!! Not terrible, but it would be better for a child or teenager than a creaky adult :-) This was MORE than made up for by the beauty of the grounds, the friendly and helpful attitude of the innkeepers and the BREAKFASTS!! We were there for 5 days so got to sample a different delight every day.
I look forward to my next opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I booked though their website. I got a cottage for the price of a hotel room. Easy to reach from route 100 but you get a true country feeling. Truly relaxing and quiet. I spent an hour sitting on the steps watching the birds. Great for romance, or to just get away. I stayed there while having work done on my house. Very well decorated.
The cottage I stayed in felt so homie. I felt like i had steeped in to a better homes and gardens room. The owners are very friendly and laid back. They are not the hovering type that are found in many b and bs. They will gladly assist you with any thing you need or directions.
There is wifi in the main building but it is week in the cottage. They said they were working on a stronger signal. There is a nice outdoor sitting area with tables and chairs were I sat to check my email while there.

Breakfast was home cooked and served in a bright dining room. I had a tasty home made muffin and some fresh orange juice.

I can't wait till I have a reason to go back there.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Kincheloe, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2005

This week we had our first experience staying in a bed & breakfast inn. This was our first trip with no children and no pets. The Longswamp Bed & Breakfast Inn was superb! We were given the "Barn Suite" which included a super clean living room, bedroom and bath. The suite included a mini-fridge and microwave. Breakfast at the main house was just a few steps away. Breakfast in the dining area was a delight - served over 3 courses, we were so full we could barely move away from the table. The owners are friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the area. We can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2005

This bed & breakfast is quite lovely. It is an old mansion with a unique stone barn. The grounds are pretty and between the mansion and an outbuilding (which we stayed in) is a really cute courtyard. The courtyard, I thought, could have been really pretty if they had colorful flowers around and little white lights at night. I didn't think they took advantage of the courtyard as much as they could. I would put in come comfy chairs and make it more user friendly. The bed & breakfast has an italian feel to it yet remains country feeling. Our suite was huge. We had two floors. One bedroom had a fireplace. The other room was long and large with a small kitchen and tv area. Upstairs was another bedroom and bathroom. It was very clean.

The owners were very nice especially since they let us check in really early so we could attend a picnic. Breakfast was quite good. We had homemade banana bread which was delicious followed by a huge plate of scrambled eggs, homemade toast and crisp, perfectly cooked bacon. We also had fruit plates.

We had a great time and would return again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2005