“Yummy Lunch”

The Peppermill Family Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 207 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Soups
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stopped here randomly on the way to New York for a quick lunch. I ended up ordering a half stuffed chicken with mashed, gravy and a side salad. I didn't know what stuffed chicken was but it was savory and delicious. Hubby got his typical spaghetti and meatballs and said it was good. We finished every morsel of that food and it was a good thing since we didn't eat again that day. The food stuck to my ribs and was delicious. The server was sweet too. A great experience that day.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Our hotel was just around the corner so we chose the Peppermill for a dinner and 2 breakfasts. The servers were friendly and efficient, the menu is quite large with mostly the standard diner food but a few unusual offerings
Breakfast ranged from a simple 2 eggs and homefries to some large omelettes. Unusual is that it includes coffee. This is often where a diner makes up a few extra dollars. Another unusual (for me anyway) feature is that there are more than the usual side orders possible for breakfast. For example, daughter ordered the simple egg breakfast but asked for a single pancake as a side. You could order a waffle platter and get an egg as a side. Only negative I could find was that the homefries were not cooked crispy enough.
The service is fast but after the check is placed on your table, there is no pressure to leave. The coffee keeps coming (and it was included in the original bill for the entree)

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Brought the family in for breakfast and without a doubt it was the best breakfast this year. I had coffee, a short stack and scrapple which was great. My wife had the Italian omelet and she loved it. My son had eggs, bacon and toast and he ate a lot of it.
We will be back.

1  Thank 2014CorvetteStingray
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Love there Liver and onions , my favorite dish and they make it like Mom made it.There nothing that we order that we did not like. The desserts are also great!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Above average for the area. Food and service very good.
Check out a little slow at register. Best chicken salad and fries. Nice attention to detail. Owners/managers on the ball and engaged.