“Lunch with my husband ”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I always love eating here. The quiche and salad is AMAZING! What a great location and atmosphere. Although it is off the main path, it is definitely worth it.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Oh my...Sophia’s at Walden is one of my very favorite places to go for lunch!! The staff is so kind, the restaurant is so warm & inviting...and the food is really good. I haven’t had a single thing I’ve disliked. I think my favorites are the marinated roast beef sandwich, the coconut crusted chicken salad...and the chicken pastina soup is TO DIE FOR!!! The prices are very reasonable for the delicious food...and the servings are also reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Anytime you go out to eat, especially at a decent place with a good reputation like Sophia's you want the experience be great, especially if you are bringing someone special and there are a few basic things that go a long way towards making that happen. Having friendly, attentive service can overcome a limited menu or long wait. Today's brunch was a miss for us. The food was tasty however I was unimpressed with the service. First off, our server did not introduce herself so that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. The gluten-free options on the menu are narrowed down to omelettes and gluten-free toast. So all of the many Benedict options on the menu cannot be accommodated. Glutino makes some great GF english muffins so maybe next time I will bring my own and see if they can top it off. I love when the egg frittata is on the menu but it was not today. Not a big deal...I ordered the standard bacon and eggs, with GF toast and butter.

After what seemed like quite a wait, a busser delivered my meal, no butter. I asked her to please bring some, waited a while, it never came. I went inside to get some at the counter. Tough to get anyone's attention...everyone was so busy. Someone (not our server) did follow up with me and said she would remove "it" from my bill (the toast?) ...but when the bill came, it was still on there. We did not see our main server again until the end. The GF toast was only a 75 cent upcharge and the toast itself was not the problem so I wasn't about to point it out, but do hope to encourage some better communication and attention among staff members here.

A little fine tuning could go a long way to help some of these basic service issues. On a positive note, I did ask for crispy bacon and it was cooked to perfection! Kudos to the chef!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Last night was the second time I've eaten at Sofia's. My brother lives nearby and I took him and his wife out for his Birthday. Their menu has a nice selection of dishes, salads and sandwiches. It is a BYOB place which I like because I can select the right wine or beverage to sit my wallet and tastes. Aside from the tasty main courses. they have a wonderful selection for dessert. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. Sofia's is located in a charming newer style community.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Had dinner with a friend this evening and after waiting 45 minutes after placing our order our waitress appeared saying she had noticed that there was no food on our table (!) and found out the kitchen had made some kind of error. 10 minutes later a wonderful dinner arrived. When asked why she hadn't checked back with us during all that time she looked confused and repeated that it was the kitchen's fault, she truly didn't get that attending to our dinner was a big part of her job... we were comped dessert and coffee, lovely.

OK, everyone has a spaced out night once in awhile. But after presenting us with the check she disappeared again so by that time the more laid back of our twosome was exasperated and suggested we walk up to the cashier so we could get going.

We'd arrived at :610 and were served our dinners- a hearty salad and a crab cake- at 7:15, so I don't think our expectations or responses were unreasonable.There were plenty of staff, lots of empty tables, not worth risking another try, I don't think it was only the waitress, who was smart and sweet but doesn't seem to have been well trained or supervised, the place seems poorly managed.

Date of visit: July 2018