“Country Hospitality and tasty food”

T. J. Rockwell's American Grill & Tavern
Ranked #11 of 208 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2018

This is a large restaurant so even if the parking lot looks full seating is still fast. Friendly, courteous staff, willing to offer suggestions to first time visitors. Our party had several different specialty burgers, and one order of the MahiMahi. Everything tasted very good and nothing went back to the kitchen except for empty plates. Pricing is moderate and portions are good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Awesome place to go for a really great meal . Prices are very reasonable. Food is excellent, waitstaff was very attentive to our needs. Highly recommend!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Two friends and I went here for a ladies night out dinner. We all had salads which were very good. Two had the French onion soup and I had the fish tacos which were all great! The portions they give you are large and well worth the price!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

So I got a $30 gift certificate for this place for half off and me and my husband decided to give it a try. There was a 30 minute wait at 6:30 on a Saturday which was expected no biggie. The actual wait time was just shy of an hour. First impression is this place is packed, the restaurant is huge and that me and my husband are not their normal clientele. (I'm black with a white husband in a wheelchair... Not another minority in site). We ordered our drinks and there crab dip... That was received in about 15 minutes which was fine but the cream itself was literally should warm crab and imitation crab meat. The dip was promptly returned and we instead ordered a quesadilla for a starter. The quesadilla came quick and it was good. I ordered a strawberry comfort cocktail that came in a main jar that you can take home which was cool. For dinner I got a burger.. It looked good but was too full on the quesadilla. For dinner my husband got the New York strip and Garlic shrimp with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The steak looked good on top but the complete under side was black and left a horrible smell and was bitter. The steak was returned and a new one brought out. The first steak was cooked to death and this one the cow was still mooing. They really struggled on the steak... Medium isn't hard to do but oh well. I ordered the mushroom steak burger with sauteed mushroom and bacon. The second steak came out and we New looking at it that it was undercooked but didn't want to send anything else back. Our waitress Heather b was super nice and corrected everything with no attitude. She was super kind.
The manager did take the crab dip off as well as his steak without us having to ask. The food mediocre at best. I heard good things about this place but can't concur. One of the worst dining experience I've had in a while.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Ordered the all you can eat shrimp after finding out that the crabs were "lite". The first platter was shrimp mush with all the shells. The second plate was better but not worth the money. Service ok.

Date of visit: August 2018