“AMazing Thai place we chanced upon”

Chalit's Thai Bistro
Ranked #3 of 207 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering the "lighter, fresher side" of Thai cuisine, Chalit's Thai Bistro offers an array of traditional and special recipe Thai dishes, all prepared fresh per order, in a relaxing, modern and sophisticated environment. Chalit's Thai Bistro takes pride in the art of presentation of our dishes. Our appetizers and Thai dish offerings will please even the most discerning palate, aimed at good health and with vegetarian offerings. Chalit's Thai Bistro's made fresh to order approach offers our guests the opportunity to share input as to the level of spice with your dish selection, insuring you are most satisfied. Owner, Chalit designs unique Thai cuisine specials and desserts weekly to compliment his dedication, care and love that is a part of every dish prepared. Our ingredients are fresh and are premium select. No MSG is used in any of Chalit's Thai Bistro dishes. Chalit's Thai Bistro tries to purchase select vegetables from local growers as in season. Chalit's Thai Bistro guests enjoy our BYOB option. Reservations are accepted and recommended for our Friday and Saturday evening dining hours. Major credit cards accepted. We look forward to sharing our love of Thai food. Our professional staff will ensure your dining experience with us will be a wonderful one.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Staying in Mechanicsburg, PA, we were looking for a restaurant close to the hotel. We chose Chalits, which had recently moved to this location. THe Fresh rolls we wonderful, the seafood Pad Thai was exceptional, and the staff was very helpful.

This restaurant it BYO - no liquor license at this time.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The food is consistently outstanding...always fresh and delish! Service is always outstanding! Décor is wonderful! If there was a way to give this restaurant 50 stars I would. I eat here 3 times a month at least and am never disappointed. Everything is excellent...but the Drunken Lo Mein is to die for!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Love their Curry...they adjust spiciness to taste which is perfect for me - 3 of 5 level - byob...great service, love drunken noodles and sticky rice dessert soooo good

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

My wife has been asking to go to Chalit’s since she went once for lunch with coworkers. We have tried in the past to go but did not call ahead and could never get in without reservations. Today my wife got off work early so we decided to grab lunch here. I called ahead about 20 minutes and made a reservation no problem.
There is plenty of parking and the restaurant is just off the highway. We entered and were greeted right away by friendly staff we were seated by the window and given water with lemon. We ordered some appetizers. We ordered the calamari and golden triangles. The calamari came with 2 sauces that were very good. The golden triangles are a fried seafood mix with a mayo based sauce which was fantastic.
I ordered the pad Thai with beef medium spicy and my wife ordered lobster ravioli (pretty much the most expensive thing on the menu of course, haha) this was one of the specials on a chalk board. My pad Thai was some of the best pad Thai I have ever had. My wife was also very pleased with her food. I tried some ravioli and it was very good.
In the end we had food left over for another entire meal. Other then the $20 lobster ravioli this place is very reasonably priced. I believe my meal was only $8. Take my advise and try this place out! Call ahead and make reservations. For dinner you will not get a seat without one.
I was advised that this restaurant will be moving to a bigger location in the near future so just check there website to see where there address is.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I had eaten at Chalit's twice a few years ago and found it pleasant and the food good. I recently revisited twice in a short period of time and found the food to be very good and was happy I had rediscovered this restaurant. Chalit's is rather upscale Thai for south central Pa. and, although casual, the atmosphere reflects this unlike the more homey area Thai restaurants. The staff are very attentive. Only downside is that on our last visit we did not have reservations on a Wednesday night for an early dinner (5:30pm for heavens sake), we were accepted as diners (3 of us) but had to eat and be gone in one hour. The waiter was rather rude during the one hour time slot and ushered us out at the end, although we had complied with the agreed upon time frame.
I would recommend this restaurant pretty highly but probably won't be returning. I described this as an American Thai restaurant because one is allowed to choose heat levels for any dish which is not true Thai dinning. Some authentic Thai dishes are very hot and some are not hot at all.