“great family time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
pa
“great family time”
Reviewed 16 November 2009

we had a sister,cousin weekend at chet and miriams b and b. great time, breakfast was great, they are very hospitable.there were 9 of us and we cannot thank them enough for everything.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Marietta, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I had my wedding at the lavendar Patch.
It was June 20th,2009
We had 50 guest and Were married in Marian and Chets flower garden. we had our reception there as well. Marrian and Chet were a big help to us, from the beginning to the end. we even invited them to our Wedding, after the wedding was over me and my Husband stayed over night there at the Lavendar patch along with our Best friends who were our Best man and Maid of Honor! we had the Most wonderful wedding ever!
I would highly recomemed The Lavendar patch for a small wedding!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2008

My husband's family and i stayed here for 2 nights while we took our 2 year old son to dutch wonderland and hershey park... My husband and I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts in the us and abroad.. and just did not feel this was worth the money. I felt that the place was not very clean and that the hosts were not as helpful with activities and directions.. and i was not expecting it to be across from a cemetary. also, only one of the 3 bathrooms is in the room. I felt the website was misleading in terms of this.. ok.. that's it.. i have read many helpful reviews for my travels and wanted to finally post something to benefit others!!!

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank wahoo0
Crofton, MD
Reviewed 4 July 2008

The Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast was a wonderful place for a getaway. Chet & Marian were warm and friendly hosts who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They couldn't have been more accomodating. We asked for a refrigerator in the room and they put one in for us.

We stayed in the Victorian room and it was beautiful and private and beautifully decorated as was their entire home.

On our first morning there, we ate breakfast in their new screened in porch out back overlooking the picturesque garden just before the sun peaked over the trees. The vast open countryside was breathtaking for these city dwellers.

The next day we enjoyed breakfast in the main dining room with their family who were in town for Chet's birthday. We enjoyed the local craft fair and shopping in town and visited the clock museum during the day. In the evening we enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi. At night we ate at McCleary's Public House (highly recommend!) and a favorite place in town.

As a genealogist, the cemetery across the way was rich with history from the Civil War and romantic in it's own way. We are going back again soon to enjoy the Amish history and spend an evening with an Amish family. We can't wait!! Thanks so much Chet & Marian for making us feel so welcome and for your warmth and hospitality.

• Liked — Warm hosts and tranquility of the area
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2008

My husband and I were looking for a special location for our wedding night. We married in June and moved into an apartment in Marietta after we wed.

I searched for a B&B nearby and this one seemed so nice by pictures and the brochure, but don't be fooled.

We got there early evening about 6pm and the nice hostess showed us to our room, in the basement. As we entered I was astonished at how small this bedroom was, and how cramped the bed was inside this tiny room. There was barely enough space for one person to walk around the bed to get to the other side. On top of that there was wall to wall books on shelves that spanned the ceiling to the floor, overpowering anyone in the room. To top it off there was an 18x24 family photo of the people who lived there hanging above the bed staring at us.

We shared the bathroom with three other rooms in the basement. On my wedding night I'd really like some more privacy. I couldn't see this working out at all and after talking with my husband for several minutes we decided, we're going to politely say "no thank you" and spend our wedding night in our apartment. (The bedroom in our apartment was almost twice the size of this.)

So we left the basement went upstairs and politely told her we could not spend the night here and we would be leaving to go back home. We asked to be refunded for the night and we'd be on our way.

Well apparently that was unacceptable for her and she nicely said she couldn't do that. We explained how unsatisfied we were and the reasons, and she continued to say sorry.

I told her, "Mam, this is our wedding night." She didn't budge and we left, I was crying because I felt so bad that I had booked the room and not checked into it further, and had just lost so much money. What a happy note to start our marriage on.

We lost over $100.00 that night. Even if she was willing to refund half or partial of it that would have been very much appreciated. What are we going to do, she had the credit card number. I'm appauled at the audacity of this woman.

Needless to say, I would NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES book a room at this place, you will be unsatisfied.

Frustrated and unsatisfied...

Angela Hess

• Liked — I didn't
  • Disliked — the small room, family photos on the wall
  • Stayed June 2003, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Angela3Pennsylvania
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
9.6 km away
16.6 km away
Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast
4.8 km away
Cameron Estate Inn & Restaurant

Been to Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK