See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I was worried about booking here but everything turned out good. Yes the rooms are old but they were clean. Water pressure not great but did the job. The stAff were friendly and helpful. I will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alesia Q
Reviewed 9 May 2016

I got to say, after reading all the negative reviews this motel got in the past, I don't know what people are talking about. Okay, so maybe the rooms could use a better paint job, and maybe they can invest in a better vacuum cleaner (i.e. Dyson) to clean up the carpets... and the wifi may not be "hi speed" as advertised. To be fair though, the billboard sign facing the street outside the motel has the "speed" part punched out (not sure if that was done intentionally). Anyway aside from that, as long as you don't run a black light over multiple surfaces of the rooms, you'll be fine. They let my dog stay with me for only $5 a night which is the best deal your going to get. Also, if you're attending the Renn Faire, this motel would be considered luxurious compared to how people lived in medieval England back in the day. I also enjoyed how the young woman with glasses at the front desk was attractive. Yes, she might have been a little rude, but when you got eye candy that sweet, you have permission to be feisty. FYI if you want to get beer, you'll have to go to John A Zern & Sons. The gas stations in the area stink and don't carry the devils nectar.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Room was filthy and stank, beds were actually bowed, they were in that bad of shape. Bathroom smelled like mold or mildew. blankets on bed were not only stained, they were also dirty. I found out later that staying at the new Comfort in up the road was only about $25/night more than here, that's $25 well spent.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank ehart13169
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever experienced. Let me tell you, upon check in I went to the room and could not open the door. I returned to the front desk and was told, "Oh, yeah, we know about that. You just have to lift the handle and pull towards you." I returned to the room and tried this method. No luck. I went back to the desk and let the lady know that 106 would not open. After huffing and puffing and sufficiently displaying her irritation over having to assist a guest, she went with me to the room and opened the door. She then informed me "I'm on duty all night but don't call after 1. I have to be up at 7." Making it clear that my stay was more a bother than a guest experience. Hoping that this would be the worst part of the stay, me and my girlfriend then entered the room. NIGHTMARE! The front seat hadn't given us the wifi password and I cringed when u had to touch the filthy phone. The walls and doors were dirty, including cobwebs in the corners. The bathroom had a trip step at the door and the door wouldn't shut. There was no shampoo, just soap. The tub was stained and dirty. The TV was a 20 year old model. The bed linen was stained. This was a horrible experience. I stopped to turn in the room key at the office and to get coffee but the pots were so dirty I was afraid to drink anything looked from them. I will choose one of the other hotels next year when returning to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Never again will I stay here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Larry M
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

The room was horrible. Pizza left in the fridge. Carpet dirty. Smelled old. Bathroom was not clean. Drywall tape hanging from the ceiling. Breakfast was toast and English muffins served on a corner table with the toaster in the lobby. Lobby was very gross and outdated. A lady in the lobby said to me she cleaned her room before moving in!!! Just gross! Must be no regulations in PA to rent rooms out. On Hotwire they compared this to Econo Lodge......not hardly.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family