See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever experienced. Let me tell you, upon check in I went to the room and could not open the door. I returned to the front desk and was told, "Oh, yeah, we know about that. You just have to lift the handle and pull towards you." I returned to the room and tried this method. No luck. I went back to the desk and let the lady know that 106 would not open. After huffing and puffing and sufficiently displaying her irritation over having to assist a guest, she went with me to the room and opened the door. She then informed me "I'm on duty all night but don't call after 1. I have to be up at 7." Making it clear that my stay was more a bother than a guest experience. Hoping that this would be the worst part of the stay, me and my girlfriend then entered the room. NIGHTMARE! The front seat hadn't given us the wifi password and I cringed when u had to touch the filthy phone. The walls and doors were dirty, including cobwebs in the corners. The bathroom had a trip step at the door and the door wouldn't shut. There was no shampoo, just soap. The tub was stained and dirty. The TV was a 20 year old model. The bed linen was stained. This was a horrible experience. I stopped to turn in the room key at the office and to get coffee but the pots were so dirty I was afraid to drink anything looked from them. I will choose one of the other hotels next year when returning to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. Never again will I stay here.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Larry M
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

The room was horrible. Pizza left in the fridge. Carpet dirty. Smelled old. Bathroom was not clean. Drywall tape hanging from the ceiling. Breakfast was toast and English muffins served on a corner table with the toaster in the lobby. Lobby was very gross and outdated. A lady in the lobby said to me she cleaned her room before moving in!!! Just gross! Must be no regulations in PA to rent rooms out. On Hotwire they compared this to Econo Lodge......not hardly.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank melissalynn08
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Filthy carpet, curtains and bedspread. Old disgusting sheets and lumpy flat pillows. Mold in bathroom, horrible smell throughout the room. Dirty shower stall. Stones and dirt on floor when bedspread was pulled back. Stains on chair, something splattered on side of desk. Air conditioning unit filthy with dust and who knows what. Electrical outlet not working in bathroom.
I had to wash every item of clothing when I returned home due to the smell, and the fear of bed bugs.

Stayed: June 2015
4  Thank JodiandBob
Reviewed 28 May 2015

There was paint peeling and really bad plaster repair jobs. The bed was lumpy and way to springy to sleep well. The TV and Telephone looked like something out the 80's. The bathroom door was sprung so that it would not close properly.
On the plus side, the room AC/Heater worked and their was hot water in the morning for a shower and the only bugs I saw were dead ones.

Room Tip: Your best room would be at another establishment.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ShawnG4
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I need to add this. When I was attacked at the hotel, it was seen as just another day in the life of a place that has gone from a lovely little hotel, to a sponge. The staff in the hotel won't have a problem with you, as long as you come in, pay and ask for nothing. They have the hotel and then they have the permenant rentals. The front of the hotel is pretty but the back side is dirty. It is filled with trash, etc. it is filled with weekly rentals.i personally think it needs to be shut down. When I was attacked, one of their workers watched from his window. This attack happened over a parking space. My husband and I, had stayed weekly at this point. The man who attacked me, was not a guest. I don't know if he was selling drugs or what. I felt terrible, as I thought the hotel would have done what they could. I should have known better. If you lay with dogs, you'll get fleas. Speaking if fleas, the entire property is infested with fleas. They do nothing.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family