Bear Creek Mountain Resort
US$ 99
US$ 146
US$ 142
US$ 118
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzziski slopessnow tubingdisc golfqueen suitetrail's endclose to homewedding venuedaughter's weddingsteam roomlehigh valleyhot tubcommon areasgreat weekendlift operatorsstayed for two nightstrails end
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Laura helped me a number of times, when I called with questions about making reservations. She was extremely helpful and instrumental in making our ski trip a success.
We had a mountain view from our suite, which I recommend. We stayed in a Queen Suite with kitchenette. The room was spacious for the 5 of us. Sleeping was comfortable. Room very clean. We had a huge porch to sit on and enjoy the view. Everyone at this place is friendly and seems to genuinely want you to enjoy your stay. The indoor pool is small, but was adequate. We were there to ski, not swim! The ski school is worth it, especially if you have kids who haven't skied before. The mountain is perfect for beginners.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank T_W_M0319
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I did a mid-week ski and stay early in February and we loved every minute of it. The hotel is up to date, clean, and spacious. Our room had a microwave and fridge, which I wish I had known in advance to bring some snacks. I think the hotel's website is somewhat lacking in information about all of the amenities that they offer, because this hotel offers a lot but you don't know it until you go.

The hotel has it's own rental shop, which is very convenient and there's never a lot of people waiting. The rentals are 1/2 price with the ski and stay, which I thought was a good deal for 2 days of skiing. The slopes are well groomed and maintained, even with this warm winter we've been having on the East coast. I was afraid it would be icy but it was not. I like Bear Creek's slopes a lot better than Blue Mountain because they are wide and there are a lot less people here.

There are a few different restaurant options which are perfect for any budget. There is a place where you can get take out (even hot meals made to order), a casual restaurant, the cafeteria, and a nicer sit down restaurant. At night they had trivia at the casual restaurant/bar. We really like the food at the nicer restaurant, which has a lunch and dinner menu so we ate there twice on this trip.

They also have an outdoor pool and hot tubs which had a dozen or so people in it all night until they closed. There's also a spa on site. There is something for everyone - kids, adults, skiers, non-skiers. It is a great place, and well worth the mid-week prices. We loved it and will definitely be coming here at least once per ski season.

1  Thank lizsp33
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I've lived in Philly for nearly 10 years and didn't even know that Bear Creek Mountain Resort was there! Just an hour outside the city, it's perfect for a wonderful little weekend or mid-week get-away. We booked the ski and stay package and got a king suite (with a jacuzzi, fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and a view of the mountain). The package included lift tickets for the night of our arrival as well as the next day, including half off rentals. You can't beat the value, especially mid-week. We were both very impressed with the room- it was perfect- along with the amenities. I would have loved for the room to have a mini-bar, and this place loses a whole point for me because of NO ROOM SERVICE! The humanity! ;-) But really, who heard of a hotel with three restaurants and no room service? Give me that and a mini-bar and I just may become a permanent weekend resident.

Room Tip: The views of the mountain are gorgeous!
1  Thank BKristaB
Reviewed 15 February 2012

What a relaxing carefree experience. Took our granddaughter for her Christmas gift and she has told us she wants the same thing every year. Rooms were attractive and comfortable. Staff could not have been more accommodating. Layout is convenient. Slope aide rooms offer great view of snow activities. Outdoor pool in winter was a unique experience. This was our first stay at Bear Creek, but will definitely not be our last.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Bear Creek is a beautiful resort. The Mid Week Stay Package is a great deal. We stayed for one night and can't wait to go back. All the facilities were up-to-date and clean. We loved the outdoor hot tubes and heated pools and the complementary snowtubing. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The slopes were well groomed and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had an amazing experience!!

Room Tip: Slope side rooms have amazing views.