Black Bass Hotel
US$ 149
US$ 88
US$ 86
Priceline
All reviewsblack bassdelaware rivercrabwalking bridgebalcony overlookingbreakfast was includedbucks countyraven rocksitting roomgrover clevelandthe main dining roomgreat view of the riverperfect mixhotel is in a great locationsat at the bargeneral storemodern amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Stay one night for a family wedding held on site, and had a great time. Accomodations were excellent as was the food,and setting. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Balcony a must
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I had eaten here a week ago inside with my hubby and the service was amazing - So we went back and sat outside and well - I might as well served my self. I had the WORST service EVER!!! No I am serious. The waitress. didnt come give us water. Then she came and brought us a bottle of wine - She opened the top and then forgot to actually TAKE THE CORK OUT. the wine sat on the table and we had to call the manager over to have her actually open the wine (20 minutes later)
Then we had to ask for water and well - she forgot she was actually working. THe manager came over and had some very NICE fellow come over - he told us it isnt his usual job but he wanted to help us. SO he did and he finally asked. - do you have bread? that was 40 minutes in. Well after the food came from the nice guy who gave us bread.. THe wacko waitress never even came back to see if our food was ok. In fact non of us really liked the appitizers - but no one seemed to care.. Then dinner came and the food was great - but the bugs landed in the food and the waitress was still in La la land. $350 check later - I dont think someone should come here to waste there time unless they fire that waitress and tell her to go find a job ---- not working with the public. LAME LAME LAME (Ask me last week and I would have told you our waitress was awesome - It is ashame you cant carbon copy - Though it is out last time coming - You lost a good patron and what would have been a long time customer - SHAME ON YOU!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rundis
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I have been coming to the Black Bass for years...before we had kids and now, with two children. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home, and they were great with our two little ones. It's a special place from the minute you walk thru the door...loaded with character, beautiful location, tasteful decoration...and did I mention the food was really good, too? If you can, check this place out. I don't think you'll regret it !

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We were planning a wedding luncheon for 6 and had visited approximately 8 Lehigh Valley restaurants, looking for a menu that would please our party who ranged in age from 18 to 84, a unique and intimate atmosphere, great food and service, and ease of walking for our mothers. We were surprised to find that having a reasonably warm room on a December day is pretty tough to come by. One upscale French restaurant in Center Valley, PA, with a lovely setting actually told me that the manager "keeps a close eye on the thermostat" when I asked if the temperature could be raised a little for our luncheon. After all, I can have 64 degrees in my own house. I wanted at least 68 on my wedding day in my little ivory dress! Needless to say, upscale French was off the list.
Internet searching led us to the Black Bass and we took a drive along the river for a visit. We were greeted by Grant, the general manager, and I explained what I wanted. He smiled and waved me along with him and stated, "Come with me," and escorted us into a room with a massive fireplace. He pointed and said, "There will be a BLAZING fire in that fireplace!" Two other locations within the restaurant were offered as well. This was the beginning of what proved to be consistent efforts by staff to provide excellent customer service. Our waitress for our luncheon was Lorna, who was attentive, pleasant, knowledgeable, professional, and unobtrusive. Timing was wonderful. The food was fantastic, with selections and preparation that pleased everyone. My husband and I had dinner along the windows by the river. I expected it to be cold on this windy, December evening, but it was not. Karin kindly assisted us in transitioning from the restaurant entrance to the bar area and to our table while it was readied (we had arrived for dinner spontaneously), bringing us champagne and congratulatory words. Our waitress Jody, specifically placed me so I could enjoy the full moon reflecting off the water. She was a terrific waitress and will be in our memory of this wonderful meal. I overheard her giving the same friendly attention to her other tables. She obviously loves what she is doing and loves the Black Bass. We stayed the night in the Grover Cleveland Suite, which was immaculate throughout. I only gave 4 stars for sleep quality due to the fact that there is some noise, SOME noise, not a marching band, due to room location. We had no trouble falling asleep and remaining asleep, however. The next morning we returned to the dining room for our included breakfast and we attended to by Mara, who also was hostess. The excellent, pleasant service continued, as well as the delicious food. There were only 3 other people present that morning and we were free and encouraged to explore the restaurant and other unoccupied rooms. We also visited the General Store across the street for some goodies for the trip home. All in all, this was a perfect experience. We will definitely be returning and are planning to bike the towpath that runs directly in front of the Black Bass. Wish I was there now!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We were on a day trip so we did not stay in the hotel, however we dined there for lunch. I love eating or staying in historic places and the ambiance here did not disappoint. In addition to the historic feel of the place, the view from the huge windows overlooking the river are terrific. It is nicely located along the river in an area with parks, trails, covered bridges and so on.

Service was polite, the lunch prices reasonable, the food was good but not memorable. I had a crab cake - I've had better and I 've had much worse. My husband had a bbq beef brisket - he said the roll was dry, almost stale but fortunately was toasted which helped.

For us, eating there was probably a one time event. It was nice, but not nice enough to make us want to go back. We have other favorite spots and places we'd like to try.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple