Best Western Lock Haven
Quality Inn(Milesburg)
US$ 113
US$ 108
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Williamsport(Williamsport)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 95
US$ 93
US$ 99
US$ 97
All reviewsroom was cleanpenn statelittle league world seriesthe breakfast areahotel is conveniently locatedsmoking roomawesome hotelwaffleswould highly recommend this hotelup to dategreat roomnight staywould definitely stay here againstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice stayeasy accessoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My family and I stayed here for two nights while going to a Penn State Football Game. While the hotel was a good half hour drive from Penn State it was much cheaper than those located closer.

The hotel is located in what could be called downtown Lock Haven but seemed rundown and tired. I do believe this is typical of central Pennsylvania. There were several restaurants, stores and even a movie theater in the area so it was not desolate by any means.

The hotel service was accommodating and friendly. There was a big snow storm the night of the Football game and we originally planned to stay only one night but the storm forced us to stay one more night. The Front Desk staff gladly extended our stay and allowed us to stay in the same rooms.

The rooms were quite small and seamed cramped. There was hardly enough room to open a suitcase. The bathroom was also small but the combination shower/tub was a nice size. The sink was outside of the bathroom. The rooms with two beds were much bigger and roomier. The windows and AC/Heat unit were very drafty and we could feel the cold air blowing through them. The bed had a pillow-top mattress and was quite comfortable. The pillows were feather pillows and were on the smaller side.

The hotel offers a free Continental breakfast which opens at 6 AM. There were only a few items available. There was an assortment of juices, coffee, tea, English Muffins, cereal, sausage and Belgian waffles that you made in the waffle iron. The breakfast area was in the Front Lobby next to the Front desk.

Overall, we were underwhelmed with the quality of the hotel given the location and the high price. I would stay here again if the other nearby hotels were booked, but would do so begrudgingly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Trackrunner1010
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed at this location Thursday, January 20th. The Hotel has a super friendly staff, Good Beds, and the Wireless Internet Access worked as it should:-) The hotel was booked up and I think I got one of the last rooms for the night. Allot of gas company employees as this is part of the Marcellus Nature Gas exploration area.

For a late dinner sandwich, the manager suggested a local restaurant called "the old corner grille" Great food, good service. I will stay again the next time I have business in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank nicknak58
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We stay here when we drop my brother off at LHU. The building is awesome, looks like a townhouse. Last time we stayed there, there was a farmers market across the street in the parking lot. We got some good deals on tomatoes!

Inside the room are large, we stay in the 2 bedroom with a shared bath, a living room and a kitchenette. The only negative is that the wireless has never worked and the TV did not work last time.

They do have fully loaded IPODs on docking stations which every hotel should have!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Beds where good, breakfast nice... no pool
The town is nice, with little shops on the Main Street. It has a very nice river walk - with in walking distance of the hotel.. little beach for swimming...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We just got back from a 2 night trip to Lock Haven for a family function. We have been to Lock Haven many times in the past but this was the first time we stayed in a hotel.

I have read all the negative reviews from the past, but I did not experience any of these things. The "continential Breakfast" turned out to be a hot breakfast with continental items as well. Overall we were pleased with the selection. The beds were very comfortable, and the pillows were new, clean and fluffy. The staff was very nice, and helpful about directing us on how to find what we needed in the town. Our room had a fridge and a microwave, but we weren't staying long enough to use them.

We tried the Case de Lobo across the street which had amazing Mexican food. We also drove a few blocks to the Shamrock Bar for drinks and appetizers. My brother was able to go out and there were several bars within walking distance.

The only cons we had were there is not a pool. We were hoping for an indoor pool just for something to entertain the kid...but we found things to do instead. The bathrooms are a tad small - but the shower was nice. I was unable to sleep through the train sirens the first night, but I was the only one in my family that heard them, so that was probably just me.

Thank you so much to the staff - My son left his beloved elephant at the hotel which we didn't realize was missing until we were home in VA and it was time for bed. They saved the elephant and offered to mail him to us.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family