We were headed to a sports event at Lock Haven State. Wary of the motels at the I-80 interchange (which tend to be old and worn), we thought we'd check out the new kid on the block, Marriott's limited service Fairfield Inn, a Marriott entry we had not experienced before. This property was new in 2009.
I only know one Fairfield Inn -- this one -- but I think if you know one, you know them all. A few extra points for the work of the corporate interior design people. A point off for the mattress. A point off for our room's slight sense of odor. Perhaps it hadn't been used in a while (1st fl), perhaps some water had sat in the bathroom or been in the carpet.
The location isn't quite standard. Not on the state highway, but behind the McDonald's on the state highway. The parcel of land seems to be a land re-use project, perhaps some subsidy dollars to get it there. (The McDonald's added a strange bit of ambience: the sound of the garbage truck picking up its trash too early in the morning.)
Breakfast was at least one notch above expectations: Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits available for microwaving, (frozen) blueberries to put on top of the make-your-own waffles.
Closest motel to Lock Haven State; easily walkable if need be.
If you see the Halliburton and other natural gas-related trucks in the parking lot, you'll see both the reason for building a new motel in Lock Haven as well as the reason you're paying prices that seem steep for this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a great hotel with superior service. Our staff is here to help you and provide you with whatever you may need while traveling. Only 35 miles from Beaver Stadium, this hotel features spacious rooms with luxurious bedding. With our on-site fitness center you don’t have to worry about ever missing a workout. Surf the web or send and receive emails with the free internet service. Every morning enjoy a complimentary breakfast included with your stay. Our guests can appreciate the beautiful views, the variety of locally owned dining options, as well as numerous outdoor activities including biking, hiking, kayaking, hunting and fishing. Whether you’re in town on business or on a leisure visit, be sure to check out the local attractions including the Little League Museum, Hyner View State Park, Piper Aviation Museum, Millbrook Playhouse, Lock Haven University, and Penns Cave. Be sure to make your way to the home of the Nittany Lions at Penn State University in State College. There are numerous activities to do, and you don’t want to miss out on them! So book your room today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven Hotel Lock Haven
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Lock Haven