All reviews front desk stayed here indoor pool nice hotel hot tub the breakfast area pancakes yogurt free breakfast little pricey spooky nook convenient location staff was very friendly and helpful standard hie room was clean and comfortable king bed lancaster area
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here four times now, all for getaways of a night or two. We almost always look for a Holiday Inn when we're off somewhere for a long weekend, and this is one of the better ones we've been to. It's within a couple miles of Lititz's main attractions and even convenient for venturing out of town if you want to explore more of Lancaster county.

We usually reserve your standard King room, which is more than sufficient if you're with your spouse/significant other. Our most recent trip, however, we splurged for a two room suite with a whirlpool tub in the bedroom (big enough to fit 2 adults), two televisions and a fireplace in the main area. It was more than we needed, but it was a wonderful experience.

The free continental breakfast never disappoints. They have everything from cereal to sticky buns to eggs, bacon, sausage, omelettes, bagels, muffins and more. It's one of the hotel's biggest perks and we never miss out on it.

We've used the pool on several occasions, which is always relaxing and enjoyable. If I did have one complaint about the hotel, it's that in our experience, the hot tub seems to be out of order more often than not. It's a small thing in the grand scheme, though.

For a quiet, relaxing weekend away, Lancaster county is a can't miss and this is a great place to stay no matter how you plan to spend your trip.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The title says it all, really. It's not the Ritz, but I've been to worse hotels too. The customer service was great - they have a bunch of really friendly people working there. The hotel was clean enough, quiet enough, comfortable enough. That's about it. No thrills. The room was a bit on the pricey side for what it offered, we thought. I think we paid $250 a night for a weekend stay. The AC was one of those wall units, not central heating or forced air. The lights in the room were fluorescent. We had a view of the Burger King. I wouldn't NOT stay there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites/Lititz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Hi islandfix,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you found our room to be clean and comfortable. However, I am sorry to read that the lighting and air conditioning system of the room did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured, that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the management of the hotel for review. The points you've shared will provide us an opportunity to correct ourselves and come up with a better solutions for our guests.

We value you as our guest and hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My wife and our pet recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and had an enjoyable time. All needed amenities were provided. The staff was very nice and accommodating and the cleaning staff were very good. The room was clean and comfortable. There is adequate grass to walk you pet too. Our room was close to an elevator, so there was some noise earlier in the evening, but after 10 PM it was reasonably quiet and we had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed just one night but it was clean, quiet and the breakfast was great. Awesome pool although the hot tub wasn't working. Beds were super comfy. We went to the Wolf Sanctuary the next morning and it was nice and close.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We recently stayed here for two night when visiting Lititz, as it offered a more reasonable price range than the expensive B&B's in downtown Lititz.
The room we had was quite comfortable. Check-in is 3:00, but I have to say, the desk clerk was VERY helpful, as we arrived early. We were able to get our room by 12:30. We found it to be clean and well cared for. We did have a few glitches while there. We realized the next morning that the small fridge was unplugged. We had put some leftover dinner food from the night before in there and saw that it was warm the next morning. I was able to move the cabinet and pug it in. Also, the TV lost its picture the first morning we were there. I told the front desk about it, and it was taken care of immediately. Also, I was told I should have informed them about the fridge and someone would have come up to plug it in, so I fund them to be very accommodating.
The hotel is conveniently located five minutes out of downtown Lititz, which is great, and also about ten minutes from a local movie theater if you're so inclined. It's also very close to grocery stores if you need to replace anything you might have finished.
I'd give this place a look to consider.

Room Tip: It seems any room would be fine
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple