See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I agree with previous year's reviews posted already. We stayed in 3, the biggest one. It was quiet and dark and private (well lot outside though). I actually stayed alone the last 2 days... Thought I'd be a little freaked out alone back there (no other customers stayed at that time either)...but I felt safe and secure!!
I had a well-trained black lab with me- easy breezy- no problem played with the other dogs there. Very friendly & easy going owners. Calling ahead is best (even just an hour) because it's a small place, it's not a motel with a front desk so just to make it easier, call before you show up if possible. They could be running an errand and need to get back & meet you.
The showers are small stalls but have GREAT hot water. The fridge gets nice and chilly. They have a coffee maker & small older electric stove. No microwave (just FYI). I didn't care about that though.
Youre close to both lakes. Groceries are nearby.
Parking is roomy there- no worries.
Just know these cottages were built a long time ago. It's not a 4 star motel with chocolates on the pillows, it's more cozy & personal. It feels like your visiting family in a mini cottage out back. You feel like you could stay... A while.
*** IF YOU HAVE A CAT ALLERGY & ASTHMA, you will notice the cats. I did. My husband doesn't have an issue and didn't notice a smell at all. I'm hypersensitive due to allergies so I had to put a sleeping bag down under me so I didn't need my inhaler more than every 4-6 hours. By day 3 (my last day) it wasn't bothering me with the AC running. If you have kids with major asthma and allergies to cats than That's the ONLY concern I'd share. There's nothing dirty, it's not that the cats have sprayed and there wasn't hair all over from the cats, not at all!! It's just like I said- I'm allergic to cats, parents especially like to know these things. The cats are SO SWEET THOUGH!

It's a WONDERFUL place ... I'd go back (with my inhaler & the sleeping bag for under me & my own pillow. LOL)

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank blossom696
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just got back from staying at Kobels cottages. We didnt know what to expect because lack of pictures and no website. But, when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised! The units were like small cottages with 2 double beds in it. Private bath, air and cable tv. It was like a trip back in time. They were kept clean and tidy. No frills, but definately cozy. The owner was very friendly and a pet lover! She gave us no problem with our small dog. We were also greeted with a very affectionate cat! It was a pleasure! We will be going back!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank cutiepetutie
Reviewed 25 January 2012

we traveled as a large family group,we stayed at the Kobel's cottages. They were great! very clean,comfortable,and accomidating to pets!!! i would tell anyone to stay here and we r planning another trip very soon :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank AndeF_12
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We have stayed at Twin Maples several times both in the cottages and the motel rooms. They are clean, nice, have air & cable TV, and are very cool, retro style from the maybe the 40's. The take pets with no hassle or additional price. They know that most people who travel with pets are cleaner then most people who don't! The owners are very nice and helpful. We always look forward to our stays there!
Terry