“Not Grandma's taste”

Manuco's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 115 Restaurants in Levittown
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 15 September 2015

When I received in the mail a coupon for a Spanish food restaurant I almost fell off my chair of excitement. I really wanted to love this place but it was very disappointing to me. My husband and I order the pernil combo (white rice, fried plantains, beans and roasted pork) , the steak in onions combo and a roasted chicken combo and 1 alcapurria. the rice was dry, the beans were ok (not everyone likes red beans), the roasted pork was dry but good seasoning, the steak looked like a pork chop, the chicken was moist but lack of taste. The tostones were on point and the alcapurria was a bit raw. I was so upset I really wanted to like this place. Won't visit this place anymore. Never like grandma's food taste. Is a real shame because we really need some Spanish restaurant. Anyone out there that can opena good one please!!!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Didn't know what to expect, but the moment we were greeted and sat down it was very enjoyable. Started with Some empanadas real good, beef better than the chicken which was nice and juicy in its own right. Had the fried pork cubes, really good. Crunchy outside and moist porky inside. Fried plantains (green) were tasty. My wife's chicken stew was good also. Rice was only so so and beans were not what I expected, very watery. Next time I will try the yellow rice.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Went tonight after I found this little gem of a restaurant. Had the canoa and rellenos de papas for appetizers and the pernil platters for dinner. Couldn't finish it was so much food! Everything was made fresh to order and delicious! Forgot to get the flan for dessert and I'm thinking of going back to get it! Will definitely return!

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

A friend boasted about Manucos food so we ordered some to go. We decided to try the double portion of porkchops; they were well season and flavorful but unfortunately dry. We also ordered the nachos, they were not traditional crisp style like another review noted; they are quite fluffy yet tasty; the cheese seemed like a cheese whiz though. Tried an empanada which was delicious and in my opinion worth trying again! I did notice that the counter person was also waiting on the tables. .. He was very friendly yet somehow I got the feeling that he was dissapointed I did not leave a tip on a takeout order.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Lets just start by telling you this restaurant does take reservations and they are BYOB.
We had gone with friends to Manucos because I read that the owners were Puerto Rican and I love the food. I will add straight away that the only reason I gave this restaurant 3 stars as opposed to 5 is that the service straight out sucks. We told the owner this when we paid that as much as we loved the food - the service sucked. The food was wonderful, homemade Puerto Rican food - it was awesome except that our appetizer and our meal came out together! We had to request drinks and the fountain soda machine was broken so we had to purchase a 2 liter soda. Took forever for the food and the bill. The one waiter on the staff, manned the phone, register and tables so was constantly distracted. So I'm hoping on my next visit - because there will be one that they took note of our comments and hired a few wait staff. They also do take out.

1  Thank degrawm