“The BEST German potato salad in the Harrisburg area!”

Fraulie's German Delicatessen
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Lemoyne
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

This Deli has the best German potato salad in the area. Perhaps the only....Superfresh in Etters used to carry it, but it wasn't as good & now they are gone.

I was taking State civil service tests for about 6 months & would often stop here on my way home on a Thurs or Fri to get the potato salad. Once I even got some warm off the stove as the owner was finishing making it.

If you like German potato salad, stop in here. The owner is very friendly & welcoming. I am a vegetarian now, but had black forest ham sandwiches from here quite a few years ago, and they were excellent too.

2  Thank KathySDavis

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had read about this place and were near Lemoyne so drove over. Margot has owned this small place for 41 years, selling German foods, like bread, meats, cheese, packaged items, etc. She made us two delicious sandwiches on rye bread with a choice of different meats and cheeses. We also got a package of German cookies. All this for only $10. There is very limited seating--only a small table and chairs in the front. This is not really a sit down place, but she suggested that we take our sandwiches next door to Kaufman's and have coffee or tea (Another quaint old fashedioned place that Betty has run for 35 years). These old fashioned places are charming and we intend to return sometime soon. If in the area give them a try.

5  Thank Pnemiller
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I liked the owner, she was sweet and friendly and clearly knew all of her customers well. It was neat the check out the German candies and things available, and the braunsweiger was great!

3  Thank Lisa962
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I get the Oldenburger Liverwurst- the Cambzola Cheese, and the Weisswurst and Fraulie's REAL RYE BREAD. But, she has a hundred different wonderful Bavarian items- the quality is wonderful. She has been there many years and the place is nearly perfect. You GOTTA GO.

6  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I've been passing this place for years and never noticed it. Bad for me. I picked up some double smoked bacon and a German cake. I need to return and be more adventurous. Wonderful owner. There's also a great tea shop next door (Kaufmans) that sells great loose tea. Check them out too.

2  Thank bobalbin