All reviews jim thorpe heat ac main road microwave and fridge flat screen tv convenient location bed was comfortable next morning motel diner cleanliness towels furniture desk rates
Reviewed 25 October 2017

stayed here because local b&bs were booked. went here for fall leaves. purchased directly from owner price was$119 could have got it for $79 through trip adviser.room was ok very basic.breakfast was included wasn't worth it. all store bought poor quality. only small bagels,donuts pastry.needs major upgrade, including some meat, sausage biscuits etc. staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

It is all we expected. Clean room ,comfortable bed. The breakfast is weak so we ate in the diner.The staff was helpful. Would stay here again if we are in the area again. The rates are very good and we are not looking for a fancy place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aviron l
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I knew I was taking a chance renting an unknown hotel but I didn't want an expensive hotel for a short visit to JIm Thorpe area! First of all , we took a wrong turn area....The owner Bill, was very knowledgeable and kind...He helped us find the hotel! The front desk staff was Courteous and kind as well! The room was clean and the 2nd floor porch was facing the "mountain". The room may have been a bit outdated...but it had a refrigerator, microwave and flatscreen TV. The beds were comfortable and the heat /ac was easy to control! Overall, the bathroom was clean but a tad bit small,,,,Again, its not the Ritz Carlton, as others have stated,,,but its a great clean hotel for the price! It was a great continental breakfast with waffles , juice, muffins, toast, cinnamon buns, coffee, tea ect....(if you want more there is two dinners next door! It was pretty quiet despite being near a main road!...If there was a downfall they could use more towels....but overall I would describe this place in two words: Cleanliness and friendliness! We will definitely return if in the area! :)

Room Tip: Quieter rooms in the back!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank camp48
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We chose this motel because of its location, not far from Jim Thorpe and the Lehigh Gorge. I knew I wasn't getting the Ritz-Carlton. We had the king "suite." (In quotes because it was just a larger room with a sofa.) This place, despite being advertised as remodeled, is very retro. The room keys are actual keys. The decor is an early '70s mishmash. Seriously, you have to see it to understand. The heat/ac is a wall unit placed so high up on the wall that there was no way I could have reached it on my own.

The pros: comfortable beds, quiet despite the proximity to a fairly busy road. There is a decent diner next door. It's accessible to all the area attractions. There is a microwave and fridge in the room.
The cons: according to my husband, who is a network engineer, the wifi is terrible. Towels are far from luxurious. If you want ice you have to get dressed and walk to the lobby. The breakfast is just carbs and we did not partake. If you have a lot of electronics, as we do, you will need to make sure you have a power strip, as there were hardly any outlets.

Room Tip: I think the rooms toward the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Last week i stayed at The Mahoning inn..I was there friday night August 11th in room 33..I must say, it was very nice..New floors, new tv,and new furniture..The next morning (saturday) i went for the free breakfast in the lobby..The had bagels, waffles, toast coffee and juices..Very impressed..People at the desk were very nice..Thanks again..See you soon!

Room Tip: request a room in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple