“A good alternative to eating in Jim Thorpe”
Review of Big Creek BBQ

Big Creek BBQ
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Lehighton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We are located on 443 in lehighton next to Fedor's car wash.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We visited Jim Thorpe knowing the reviews for most restaurants there weren't top notch. So we decided to drive a few miles to Lehighton for takeout BBQ from a trailer. It's the best place to eat in Lehighton, after all. We really liked the pulled pork and brisket and beans. It lives up to the hype. The only thing is, they run out of food. We got there about 5:15 today and all they had was pulled pork and a sample of brisket. They're open til 7 so it's not a dependable choice for dinner.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Was amazed by the quality and taste of the meat. Never thought that a food truck could produce this high quality and it is as good as eastern Carolina. barbeque. In my humble opinion. Their slaw is also top notch and you just need to try them out.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I have been to many BBQ places in the Northeast. This is hands-down the best ever! The chicken drums, brisket and pork are tender moist and very flavorful. The beans are the best and the coleslaw is the best I have ever had. My husband and I gave it a try for a Labor Day Weekend picnic and all the guests raved about it!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

The most mouthwatering, flavorful, tender pork and brisket I have ever had in this area. Kudos! And great cornbread!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We each had a pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw and some baked beans. The food was wonderful and worth the 2 hour drive.
I had checked reviews looking for a lunch place to take a drive to on a beautiful day. I found Big Creek. So we drove 2 hours to get some BBQ, expecting a regular restaurant. We were surprised to find that Big Creek is really only a food truck on the side of the road! We ordered and sat on the grass to enjoy our lunch.
Also, be warned that there is no sign on the road for Big Creek. All you see is the food truck, at least that was true when we went!

1  Thank Peggy L