“Help Yourself to Exotic Tastes”
Review of South China Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
South China Buffet
Ranked #87 of 128 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 September 2015

This may be the best Chinese buffet in this city. There are dozens of dishes to be sampled, as little or as much as one likes. White and fried rice await the diner in electric crocks at the rear of the buffet. Dessert items, from pastries to fruits to ice cream, await the visitor on one side, under a gigantic transparency of a scene in China. If you are so adept, as I am, you may request chopsticks in lieu of the usual flatware; I was cheered by the waitress when she remarked of my expertise with them. There is also a Mongolian grill, where you can select components of your entree and watch them being prepared in your presence. For value-minded attendees, there is a punch card reward system that allows a free premium after the required number of visits. No matter what your taste, it is difficult not to leave full and happy from this excellent eatery.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Dark and gloomy inside. Food OK but lost my appetite when the board of health closed them down for multiple food preparation violations including bugs roaches and rodents!

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank dnopain
Reviewed 15 March 2015 via mobile

Between rude service, reusing food, being closed by food inspectors on more than one day, I would give it 0 out of 5 if I could

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Came with my son, the buffet had a nice selection for my son and I. They recently remodeled and everything looks beautiful on the inside. Definitely should check it out

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 21 November 2014

This place was recently closed to the dirty kitchen, cock roach infestation, and bad food. We tried it several years ago, it was going down then, but we thought we would give it a second try as it had been some time. It was worse! The food was either dried out or not fresh, there was no rotation of the selections. The service seem to pick up the bad vibes from the food and was not much better. I really do not think I need to say more, this is one place I have no compunction about saying...do not go here!

Date of visit: July 2014