“Lunch trip with My Better Half.”
Review of Sumney Tavern - CLOSED

Sumney Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We go there almost every Friday for a quiet lunch. The food is Great and varied enough to keep boredom from setting in. Shawn, is the Bartender with a perfect attitude, Friendly, informative, efficient, and always smiling. Rick is a Great Host and represents the Restaurants best side.
A perfect place for a short getaway for Lunch or Dinner.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We have been here before. We stopped for dinner before going to a NYE party. They have a good menu and the food is always a little above average. Tonight was no exception. Very good quantities for the money and service was excellent. We will stop here again.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We had dinner recently at Sumney Tavern on a very cold evening. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and they had wonderful Christmas decorations. They have an extensive menu with lots of comfort food, so it was a great choice for that night. I tried one of the specials, which was house-made ravioli stuffed with shredded beef in a Marsala sauce. It was quite good, and the portion was sizeable (couldn't eat it all). Several others in our group had the meat loaf, which they enjoyed a lot. Again, very large portions allowed us to take home leftovers. They also are kid-friendly and had a magician visiting the tables that evening.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The food is okay nothing special. They give huge portions, but I would rather they give less food of better quality. Last time I was there my salad had so many bad rotting pieces of greens in it it was downright nasty. Prior visits had been a little better. The decor is old and tired; I think this place is better for drinks than food or maybe burgers or bar food.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

When my kids were young, this was the place we went when they were happy...or sad...or scared...or anything. The Sumney could make them feel better. It was never overly crowded and the staff was friendly. It was good "bar food" with a few surprises.

We noticed the quality declining in the past few years. The waitstaff seemed less interested. Items disappeared from the menu. It just lost some of the friendly, inviting atmosphere it once had. We found ourselves going less and less often and eventually, it got to a point where nobody suggested it anymore.

I do love how supportive they are of veterans. Oh, and if you go on Thursday there's a wandering magician. He's a great guy who really loves entertaining with his craft.

Hopefully The Sumneytown has improved, but I think that knowing the township has an eye toward developing that corner probably hasn't inspired them. I'm sure it still has its good points but it isn't the place for me anymore.