“Redemption ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I did a bad review back in 2014 after the third time of not so good food or service. However, two years later (tonight) my husband and I decide to give the sumney another chance. Seems like they changed things a bit. All around a lot better experience. My husband got shepherds pie and I got a Cobb salad which both were delish! Host and service was on point as well as food and drinks. Looks like a local spot has redeemed them selves and I'm glad! It's a nice local tavern that's been around for years. Definitely an older crowd but it's a nice slower relaxing place.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

This one actually surprised me. My wife told me about this restaurant after she had attended some some after work and retirement functions at this restaurant. We found ourselves passing the tavern on a Saturday evening and i noted they had a sign outside that informed you they still had immediate seating. I stopped and in we went. We were met by a very gracious host who seated us in seconds. I noted that the walls were adorned in photos of local servicemen and in our section they were primarily from WW II and mixed in were old photos from the local area. The menu was typical for a tavern and they had an impressive specials listing.
The wait staff was prompt and friendly. Our food was delivered quickly and hot, which was impressive based upon the amount of people eating. Portions were large and the food was delicious. I had the ribs and they were fall off the bone tender. I was really impressed with this place, and the family agreed that the tavern was quite the hidden jewel in Montgomery County. We will be back again and again.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Not a real big place but has a cozy older bar with some of the friendliest bartenders you'll ever meet. Food is basic bar stuff at reasonable prices and nice sized portions Have several dinner specials nightly that I have never tried but in reality----this doesn't strike me as a surf & turf place. I'd say stick with burgers & nachos & you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

This is a nice family style Resteraunt with an Irish/American blend of food and beer. The Shepard pie is great as is their fish and chips.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Has the best buffet brunch around! We go every year for mothers day and never disappoints. Make sure to make a reservation for mothers day or you won't get a seat