“Very pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Bordentown
“Very pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was in town visiting some friends and stayed at this location. The hotel staff was friendly and were very helpful when i had questions about the area. The check in/out was easy and quick. The room was comfortable and met all my needs and i actually slept very well. I will surely return to this hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
redroof0165, Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Matthew: Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Inn. My staff and I look forward to our guests comments and trust that we have been able to meet all your needs while here.
We look forward to your next visit to our area, and hope you will continue to choose Red Roof Inns as your Inn of choice.

J. L. Williams
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I'm a regular business traveler and have stayed at this hotel every week for a long time. They have low staff turnover; thus, I can count on enjoyable interaction with the same friendly folks who know who I am and my room preferences. Checking in is a snap, and checking out is practically an after-thought. The rooms are basic but dependably clean, the free WiFi is a real value (even some high-end hotels nickel-and-dime you for this) and the location couldn't be better. The RediCard program is also a great plus - I have stayed many times for free, and you will get people more knowledgeable about the hotel than on the aggregation sites (priceline, etc.). For example, Priceline and Orbitz only list two room types - Superior King and the Double room - even though there is a third, Standard King (the cheapest room).

Situated between Routes 1 and Interstate 95, you are seconds away from two major highways. Also, a relative rarity in this area, there is a 24-hour gas station/convenience store 30 seconds down the road. This hotel is situated in Falls Township, PA, within Bucks county. There is ample policing of the area, and from what I have seen, non-existant crime.
I've never had problems with neighbors at the hotel - a commanding majority of the clientele are also business customers, particularly outside of the summer (Sesame Place) tourist season - CSX employees and oversize-vehicle escort companies in particular.

Having stayed here many times, I can also say that even when the rare glitch occurs, the manager is very serious about ensuring a good experience, and can be counted on to make a concrete, substantial effort to make things right if the customer isn't completely happy.

One thing I can say is that I'm looking forward to the upcoming refresh that I understand all franchisees will be undergoing - fresh flooring, bedding, flat-screen TVs (I believe), etc.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the negative reviews. Look - it's not the Four Seasons. But it doesn't cost what the Four Seasons costs, either. Bottom line, as advertised - friendly staff, decent hotel, competitive price.

Room Tip: Standard King is cheapest room, not listed on Priceline, Orbitz.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Joshua B
redroof0165, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Joshua B. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our Inn. We too are looking forward to the renovation, which I believe will occur towards the end of the year. We have a tremendous staff who have much pride in their Inn; and comments such as yours add greatly toward their motivation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely

J L Williams
General Manager.
Wolcott, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed here for two nights with our small children for a Sesame Place Weekend. The only good thing going for this hotel is that it is very close to Sesame Place. Not within walking distance because it is right off a very busy road. If you are going to Sesame Place, park at the nearby mall for free. It is 1/3 mile walking distance from the mall. Which is actually the same distance as some of the Sesame Place parking lots which charge you $20. We got there and they did not have the room we requested and paid for online. The room smellled horribly of smoke, even though it was a smoke-free room. There was no other room available with a fridge/microwave. The lid of the ice container was covered in black mold. I did speak with the manager on several occasions and emails and eventually got a voucher for 2 free nights at at red roof inn for the future. I see why people stay at this hotel, it is one of the cheapest in the areas and is super close to Sesame place. I will never stay here again. We paid about $80 a night for a motel room that should honestly be about $40 a night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ms. Wolcott. As before, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience incurred during your visit to Oxford Valley and our Red Roof Inn. There is no excuse for poor service and I agree; "We blew it", while trangressing through a major staff change. I assure you that these problems have been resolved and actions taken to preclude recurrence. As I had issued you two VIP passes for free nights, I would like to invite you to return to our Inn the next time you visit Oxford Valley. YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE. I do appreciate your comments and hopefully you will give us the chance to show that WE ARE MUCH BETTER!
J L Williams
General Manger
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

When my family and I have stayed at this location it always feels like home . The staff are very friendlly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. We always feel safe and welcomed every time. Jerry [the manager] and his staff are like family to us, always making sure were comfortable and that we have everything we need to make our stay as best as could be. I recommend this location highly in this area above all . Whether it be for travel or any other reason for your stay this location is the best . Great rooms, Great prices , Great services. So thanks again everyone there for making our stay feel like home. Diane Andujar

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Great friendly staff, (took 2 minutes to check in), clean well-maintained rooms. Lot's of free on-site parking. 30 minute drive to and from downtown Philadelphia.

Quick tip: have your own car if you are staying at this location, as there is no public transportation, streets aren't led up and I didn't see any side walks either. However, the area looked quite safe and fairly clean.

A few nice bars, restaurants and a mall within a 10 minute drive.

Bottom line: highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Tom S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langhorne
0.9 km away
0.4 km away
Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne
11.1 km away
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK