All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen sesame place front desk bagels indoor pool pull out couch the shuttle driver front gate living area sesame street free breakfast my son home away from home free shuttle minute drive make your own waffles
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed 3 night and over all it was a good experience. We went at one of the busiest times - week before school. High occupancy but we didn't have to wait for the elevators or check in and check out. At the reception table, they have buckets of lollipops or chocolate so you can always give your kids something to stop them from business at the front desk. There's also a bollard room that looks out to the front drive so if you just missed the shuttle bus, you can play pool for a while. Kids are allowed to play. Business centre with two computers and a TV are also by the front door. 24 hr drinks available by the elevator - tea, coffee, honey, ice water ...

Room was fine. Very quiet - I couldn't hear babies crying although lots were staying. Pool was a bit tired looking. Wasn't too busy when my kids went in the evening.

Breakfast was nice, there were sausages and other hot items. It believe it repeats for 2 mornings cause we ate the very same things two mornings straight but then they swapped sausages with bacon and mini chocolate croissants with cinnamon buns. It gets really busy after 8 am. We had to take our food to the business centre to eat one morning and another morning we took it up to our room. They offer "snacks" during evenings every Mon-Wed which in my opinion is good enough as a light dinner. I believe it was tapas one night, hot dogs another ... I didn't attend all of them as we had dinner plans elsewhere but we did manage to sample the end of it one evening which we found to be decent.

Hotel shuttle was not so good the first night and second day we stayed. They did give out bottles of iced water in the afternoon when you return to the hotel to hide from the sweltering sun but the buses weren't on time. The third day, Laurie (we believe she was substituted the other times cause it was her days off) started working again and things were excellent. She's very professional and friendly. Drove the shuttle like it was a tour bus. She was pointing out things to see, offering advice, making sure everyone knew the shuttle bus arrived by calling into the dinning area, drove safely and did her best to arrive on time.

There was also a strange incident that happened. We locked our valuables at the front desk and when we went to get things back, one of the front desk staff wasn't able to open the safe. She claimed that we had to wait for the day time manager to return to open it. She said the manager would be back at 11 pm that night. We thought it was weird but we went back at 11 pm and was told that the manager working in the morning wouldn't return till early morning but the night manager gave it a try and was able to open it without a problem. So if you do use the safe at the front desk, make sure the managers are around to do it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MamaSweetTooth
ResidenceInnLL, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello,
Thank you for staying with our hotel we truly appreciate your business. I understand there was a bit of s issue with your safe, as a teaching moment I have discussed the procedure with the front desk staff the ensure this situation does not occur in the future.
Thank you.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We spent the weekend at Sesame Place and stayed here since it's close to the park. I had to call them to let them know we will be late and to make sure that the pack and play was ready. The lady said they did not get a note about the pack n play (even if I requested it online) but that they will have it in the room before we get there. We arrived late and the front desk staff was not there. It did not take long when she came but we just really wanted to get to our room. She was friendly and gave us a quick rundown of where things are and breakfast. The room was clean, ok but not great. Carpet had some stains on it ( could use a shampoo and more cleaning). The shower curtains had some mold (ick!) and the toilet was not properly sealed so it kept moving every time you sat on it. My son had a hard time using the toilet because of that even if we brought his potty ring with us (sigh). As we were getting ready for bed, my youngest pointed to the ceiling and lo and behold there was a centipede! My husband did manage to get rid of it.
Now on to breakfast... it was a small area and given that it was a holiday weekend it was crowded. They had two ladies running the show and they were helpful and would try their best to give other guests requests. We just had to pack a lot of patience because it was really busy. Food was more than enough to start the day.
They do have a shuttle that goes to Sesame Place which will save you money on parking. The staff was friendly and ready to help which compensated for the other teeny tiny inconveniences.
Overall we had a good stay - just enough for our weekend trip to Sesame Place.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Residence Inn L L, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay with us I am sincerely sorry that the service you received didn’t meet all of your expectations.
Our employees strive to provide excellent service and it is disappointing to hear that we did not meet our goal during your stay. I have informed the department head about these issues to prevent them from occurring in the future. I hope you come back so that we can restore your confidence in our hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Took family trip with my kids to Sesame Place. Room was spacious with amenities that were good with family with a small kitchenette. Took quick showers before going to bed and noticed the bath tub has cracks n slight mildewy between the tiles. My sister came with me and her bathroom is even worse...need major touch ups or minor renovations.

We booked a queens and a sofa bed which was perfect for 4 of us. They even had elastic sheets for the sofa bed but the wool blanket always made me feel like it’s from the 70’s, had to put a sheet under and on top. Wished they had the same blanket as the bed.

Weekday breakfast ends at 9am and we woke up at 9am so no breakfast on Friday morning but ends at 10am on weekends. Self serve breakfast was pretty hearty and good selection with your food usual breakfast items like eggs, sausage, muffins...etc. They have coffee and hot water in breakfast area and all day near the front lobby when it doesn’t run out...

Took shuttle to Sesame Place and runs every 1/2 hour but seating is pretty limited at about 13 seats including the front seat. We had to wait for the driver for the 2nd run to pick us up. The lady driver was the highlight of this hotel with great personality and recommendations for local eateries and make all the kids felt so special.

The pool was nice with plenty of towels but the water is a tad too cold so we got out after 1/2 hour.

All in all, it’s not a bad hotel but for $239/night...it’s a little below expectations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. Our goal is to always provide the best service and from my understanding we did not do that for you during your stay with us, for that I am sincerely sorry.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our guest please come again so that we can restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My family of five had time at the Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne. Clean and spacious room. We enjoyed the pool (usually the only family in it), too. Many families with young children stay at this hotel, which was great for us. The breakfast was standard fare, but can get packed with so many families. The shuttle bus staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura B
Residence Inn L L, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello Fam Five! I am so glad you stayed with our Residence Inn by Marriott in Langhorne. It is our pleasure to welcome families like yours to our hotel and we pride ourselves is making every guest stay fun and so memorable you’ll tell folks to come visit us. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to inform us of your stay. See you soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve traveled the world and stay at mainly luxury hotels, this being our first real trip with the kids (5,3,2) we needed something with a kitchenette and space. We booked this for Sesame Place but it ended up being convenient for going to downtown Philadelphia, the Please Touch Museum etc. Sesame Place is down the road and there is great shuttle service, the driver Terry was so friendly! Antoni the manager was so helpful and gave us our every wish with a smile! We were greeted by Rosie who gave our 3 little boys Sesame Street toothbrushes. There is fresh coffee and tea 24hours in the lobby which was so nice after tiring days with the kids. The free breakfast was awesome and changed a bit everyday, there’s always fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, breads, bagels, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs or scrambled egg whites with toppings like fresh spinach, cheese, and salsa, then there’s a rotation of bacon, sausage links or patties and vegetarian meatless sausages too. In the evenings there were mixers with food from area restaurants, a great surprise! Philadelphia with all the historical sites and The Please Touch Museum was just a short 35 minutes drive away. We tried the famous Philly Cheesesteak from Steve’s Prince of Steaks and all the hype is true! So good! This hotel made our vacation fantastic, perfect amenities, friendly staff ( mwe felt so comfortable and right at home here), the kids loved it, and a convenient location! It has made the Residence Inn name an A+ in our books. We actually missed the hotel after leaving, so we will be back most definitely!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Residence Inn L L, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Wow! I am so happy you all were able to do so much during you stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott in Langhorne.
We hope your next stay is even better and more memorable.