All reviews minute walk sliding door across the street fire pit sesame place valet service frosted glass bonefish grill the breakfast area waffles free valet parking bathroom sink free breakfast valet guys sitting area park entrance summer months
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Just returned from a quick trip to Sesame Place. This was our first trip and included 3 generations. We were warmly greeted and the hotel was clean. ALL employees were very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very comfortable and quiet. The hotel is located directly across the street from Sesame Place.
Breakfast was the only slight hitch. We could hear the roar before the elevator doors even opened! It really looked like a scene from a movie. Being so close to Sesame we expected the hotel to be full of families, but the area reserved for breakfast was an oversight. Not enough tables. One poor employee trying to keep up. We were there at 8;30 and there was no maple syrup for waffles, no spray to even make waffles, eggs would disappear in minutes. We restocked the cups, spoons, and napkins ourselves.
--suggestion would be for the hotel to hire/staff a few extra ppl to stock food and clean tables. It's really difficult to clean a table covered in syrup and jelly with a dry napkin. Not a perfect start to the day--and really not a perfect ending to what was a pretty decent hotel stay.

Room Tip: rooms on 4th floor very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Given the mixed reviews here, I was prepared for the worst. The reality was as expected. Generally, the rooms and bathrooms seemed clean. Bedding OK but not up to usual Marriott property standards. Bathroom clean but could have used more towels. The smallest sink I have ever seen. Shower was above average for water pressure. I am being kind rating only as Poor. Maybe this place gets the 2nd dot for being within close walking distance of Sesame Place. Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason to stay here.

Now for the big issues:

1. In one room, we had to open the sofa bed for my granddaughter. There were no sheets on the mattress which, in all its glory, was the absolutely most disgusting stained mattress I have ever seen. We put two layers of sheets on it before we would let our granddaughter sleep there (and even then I felt guilty about it). I was so grossed out looking at it that it literally made it hard to sleep on the king bed thinking that mattress my wife and I were sleeping on might have been just as disgusting. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Yes... I told the management but who knows if they did anything about it.
2. I found dirty laundry in my closet from a prior guest. Inexcusable. After reading a prior review with the same complaint recently, I can’t imagine how they did not train their housekeeping staff to check for such things. Again, disgusting.
3. The free breakfast is worth exactly what you pay for it. Crappy low grade, stale commercial breads and muffins. A gross station for making waffles. I would not touch the precooked eggs. Overcrowded and messy with no sign of staff cleaning the place up. Overflowing garbage cans. Pay a few dollars and eat someplace civilized.

The three items above reflect totally inept and uncaring management. If it were just me reporting these things, it would be one thing but what I found above has been repeatedly cited in reviews by others. No excuses. Marriott should check this place out and decide whether or not it reflects well on the brand. As a frequent Marriott guest for business and personal accommodations, I can tell you it does not.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Paulette M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Hi Mitchm11741,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value and greatly appreciate any and all information even if it is less favorable then we would like for it to be. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service at all times. I will definitely research the areas that you have mentioned for all of our future guest to come. I would love to hear more about your recent experience with us. Feel free to give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Great customer service and the rooms were really nice. The breakfast "bar" is small, but it's still pretty good for being free. The normal stuff is there. I had to change my reservation three times and they were helpful and kind every time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Paulette M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi Tabitha B,

Thank you very much for your review! I will be sure to share it with the team. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The hotel is in a great location - easy to walk to various restaurants and Sesame Place - which translates to lots of kids as hotel guests. Check-in was easy and the staff was extremely friendly. The hotel has free parking as well as valet. They also have free breakfast but the area is relatively small and there are LOTS of kids running around. My room was large and relatively clean - a few stains on the bedding and most of the lightbulbs were burned out. I really only have one complaint - I checked in late in the evening after a grueling day of travel and was looking forward to sleeping in the next day so I put the "getting some extra sleep" sign on the door but the next morning housekeeping POUNDED on the door - I shouted out that I was fine and about 30 minutes later they pounded on the door again. I got up to make sure the sign was still on my door - it was.
The next morning was the exact same "groundhog day" scenario.
I travel extensively and I have great respect for the housekeeping staff and I understand the flak they get if rooms are not made up BUT when the do not disturb sign is on the door it means do not disturb. So much for getting to sleep in during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Paulette M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello,

We sincerely value and appreciate your feedback! I will be sure to share this information with the team so that we may be able to use it as training tool to focus on our areas of opportunity. We will also to continue to provide our award winning service throughout the hotel in all other areas mentioned. We strive for success and would love another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I gave this Hotel 5 stars when I visited last year.

This year I would give it zero if I could. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 7 pm at night, guaranteed check-in is at 4pm. We had asked for adjoining or "close as possible rooms" and initially ended up down the hall. We soon discovered the AC in our room was not functioning and would not go below 80 degrees. We then had to pack up the whole family at 11pm at night to move to a downgraded room on a different floor which had AC. We had reserved a room with two queens and got a king instead. In downgrading, the tub was replaced with a shower which was not kid friendly and was filthy.

The breakfast was awful, ran out of apple juice, no fruit and the waffles makers were broken. One person working the breakfast.

They stripped down one of our rooms after breakfast before we even checked out.

The only plus is that it is across from Sesame Place, but this doesn't make up for all the other issues. Stay someplace else.

This hotel is not run well, severely understaffed and it shows. This does not live up to Marriott standards. I would not recommend and plan to take it up with corporate Marriott.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Paulette M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hello!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service at all times. During our peak season we do experience a significant amount of traffic throughout the hotel and the team works endlessly to ensure standards are maintained. It seems that we have fallen short of your expectations during your most recent stay and we are certainly concerned. I will be absolutely sure to share your feedback with the team so that we can use it as a teachable moment. We would love another opportunity to serve you again and make it right! Should you ever return to the Langhorne area feel free to give me a call directly so that I may be able to personally assist you.