“This hotel was just fine for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge

Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Georgia
“This hotel was just fine for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

The rate for this hotel was the lowest I could find in Lancaster. I wasn't expecting anything terrific, but it was perfectly adequate. The staff (owners?) were very friendly. The room was a little run down, but perfectly clean. The shower in the bathroom had tiles missing on the outside, but everything was fine on the inside. Management telephoned the room within five minutes of arrival to see if everything was to our satisfaction. We had a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, and the breakfast was somewhat sparse, but perfectly adequate.

My only concern, there were ALWAYS people hanging around the parking lot, which did not make it feel very safe. Our first night, some people had a long, loud fight, including shouting and slamming doors. No one did anything about the disturbance. But everything was fine inside the room, we stayed four nights and saved a lot of money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GeorgiaKelly
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel was disgusting. I stayed there for the fourth of july weekend, and they were barely accommodating at all. First of all, the moment we got there it was horrible. The stairs are broken and choppy, and we were of course on the top floor, so that was entirely fun to walk up and down at night and just in general. The moment we got to our rooms, we couldnt get into one of them. The key card wouldnt read and it turned out the lock was broken and they shouldnt have given us that room. Okay, so eventually we got into our rooms. The rooms were alright if you just looked at them for a second and then went blind. Further inspection brought horrors that i didnt want to imagine. In my parents room there was blood stains on the sheets and pillows. Their towels were dirty. My room was infested with bugs of multiple kinds. And i go into the bathroom, nothing was stocked. And it looked like someone got angry at the rooms to be honest. My room was missing paintings and pieces of the furniture was broken off. Everything was broken in my parents' room. The wall in the bathroom, in my room was kicked or broken by something. And the pool was disgusting. The chlorine or whatever they used wasnt right. It burned my skin and eyes very easily, and left me greasy when I got out. After sleeping there a night, we decided to leave for the day but when we returned, it was just as bad. Now there was blood stains on my bed spread again. The continental breakfast isnt really 'continental' its, cereal and coffee. I dont know why people get so damn excited about this place. The staff is rude, the service sucks, and I have to wonder how many people died in this place with the amount of blood stains on the sheets and pillows. Also, the showers have no pressure whatsoever. It took me twice as long to shower because i was washing the soap out of my hair for an hour. The only thing i can say that was good about this place was the fridge kept my food cool, and the television was good. The internet wasnt high speed at all, it was like Dial up. And the bed was soft. But I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mandy12553
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We live in the area and needed to rent a room over night while the house we were leaving was emptied and cleaned. As I was checking in Mr. Patel noticed that I walk with a cane. He offered a room that was handicapped accessible. He was very kind and efficient. The room was large and very clean. There was a small refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee pot. There was a small round table and two chairs. The bathroom was very large.The beds were comfortable. My granddaughter went to the office in the morning and brought back cereal, danish, and a bagel. Everything was fresh. When I needed to extend my stay another night there was no problem. Every employee I had contact with was as polite and attentive as Mr. Patel. The Indian restaurant on site "Tulsi" has a fantastic lunch buffet at an extremely affordable rate.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank suzq808
MGPATEL, Owner at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Thanks for your appreciation. we will look forward to see you again in future.
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

MY FRIENDS AND I HAD ADJOURNING ROOMS ONE OF WHICH WAS DECORATED WITH BLUE BEARS IN PJS.... THE BEDSPREAD, CURTAINS AND EVEN THE LAMPSHADES...I .haveto say therooms were clean, ...NOW FOR THE BAD PARTSthe pool was clean but tiny....Sleazy guys hanging out drinking and smoking on the balcony outside our rooms till late at nite.......Next nite same group came screaming by our rooms banging on doors, throwing fireworks waking everyone up...The hotel is in an area that would be called shady at best...did not feel safe there....have stayed in at least 20 other hotelsin and around lancaster...this was the Worst....Keep Looking

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jamainthewind
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

i also read the negative reviews of this place. i hear it is under new mgmt and boy it shows. the place is cleaner and the bathrooms are now spotless. my prior stay was good this time it was excellent. the internet access was good. the breakfast was average but it did the trick. bottom line is i would recommend this place to my friends. they truly care about their customers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sanjay99035
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
11.3 km away
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#27 of 38 in Lancaster
5.4 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK