US$ 168
US$ 85
US$ 83
US$ 172
US$ 163
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Don't let the pictures fool you. This place is in major need of an overhaul. Our room was incredibly small - like an afterthought of "oh, let's stick another room in this little corner." No doors on the closets and no full length mirror. Sink in small bathroom is all yellowed and cracked. TV reception was awful as was the internet which was hit-or-miss. The volume on the remote did not work. The towels are gross and I had to call 3 days in a row to ask for washcloths and hand towels. We had them when we checked in, but not after that without requesting. Housekeeping (who didn't speak English) said she didn't have washcloths to give me. The exercise room has a few pieces of noisy, outdated equipment. Pillows? Bring your own because these are worthless. The Business Center consists of one, really old computer. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank travelgal_0511
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Lancaster Host Resort. We are disappointed that we did not fully meet your expectations.

We are currently in the process of updating our guest rooms and other hotel amenities to address the specific issues you encountered during your stay with us.

Again, we appreciate your comments and we thank you for your patronage.
Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We just returned from a weekend convention at the Host, that we have been going to for years.

Many improvements are going on at the hotel. When we arrived, maintenance staff was cleaning the front windows and shampooing the entrance rugs.

We were greeted by a friendly receptions staff, who offered bell hop service to our room.

Our room looked recently renovated and was clean.

A friendly staff member offered shuttle service to the outlets. Great, considering the overflow in the parking lots due to the convention.

We enjoyed the "menu" breakfast at Vistas. Good and somewhat inexpensive. Also, a reasonably priced prime rib dinner on Saturday night was good.

The lobby bar was busy, but a nice place to relax in the evening.

The Host is a nice place to stay for a decent price. It's not the Ritz Carlton but then you are not paying those prices.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njwanderlust
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Lancaster Host Resort in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. We are pleased you enjoyed the convention as well as your stay with us.
We are also grateful that you took time to comment regarding your positive experiences and appreciative of your great review. As your personal observations reflect, our team is committed to continuous improvement in all areas of the hotel.
We are pleased that you recognized the efforts of our staff to deliver a positive experience for you, our hotel guest. We look forward to your next visit here with us at the Lancaster Host. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I guess if you are there for a convention and just dumping your stuff, and sleeping there it is ok, but forget watching TV in your room it's so small you can barely see it! When we checked in for my 20th high school reunion and got to our room, we opened the door and were like this isn't the Eden honey. There was a hair in the sink that wasn't mine, the sink itself looked cracked but didn't leak. As my boyfriend said, "this place should just be bulldozed and start over." When we got to the reunion that night in the ballrooms downstairs, they had a large hose blowing air into the room, I guess to cool it down. The food was eh, but at least i got to see some old friends.

When I checked out the next day and complained about the TV, the front desk said, "yes we've mentioned it to management a thousand times but they aren't doing anything about it."

Needless to say we won't ever be staying here again - the Eden Resort is a few short miles away and so much more modern and clean, and really if I had known what the rooms were like here at the Host, I would have booked at the Eden and taken a cab to the reunion.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed at the above for a Ski-Trip weekend ~ Once Checked in, we had to tote our Luggage up and down stairs, to say the least, the hallways smelled of mildew, (carpets) ~

The rooms were out-dated~ towels were dingy~

Customer service did their best to accommodate the large crowd. The food was eatable and plenty for everyone~

The shuttle service was available for folks who wanted to go to the outlets~

Over all, I enjoyed my stay (the blow-out concert, and the activities that went on @ the hotel~)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 5going-places3
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This place was unbelievable. Ok to begin I stayed the weekend at this place for a ski trip and I must say i will never ever stay here again or recommend this place to anyone. When you arrive there are no working elevators so we had to walk with our luggage to our floor. The ceilings in the hallways were disgusting like the rugs, I have pictures of big holes and stains in the ceiling. The food was horrible. Nothing was warm everything was cold even the hot cereal. Throughout the entire building not one ice machine was working we had to take plastic bags to the bar area to get ice and the bartenders were not too friendly at all. The indoor pool looked more like a lagoon the water was green!!! this place needs a make over from head to start I cant believe they are still open. It was the worst stay ever

Room Tip: dont book here if you want a good room!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank goldie j
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Given the wonderful feedback we received from other guests who were on the same tour, I am disappointed that we did not fully meet your expectations. We are currently in the process of updating our guest rooms and guest room hallway ceilings to address the specific issue you mentioned, we could not complete the work prior to the group’s arrival and I apologize for the unfinished areas. For guest room levels that do not have elevator access, at the time of check-in and check–out the hotel supplied numerous bellmen to assist guests with their luggage. The two non-functioning ice machines, now repaired, had signage attached indicating for our valued guests to call the front desk and we would deliver bags of ice to guest rooms, which we did, day and night, all weekend long. I examined the food temperature logs for the buffet meals served over the weekend; the temperatures were consistently between 165 and 175 degrees. We recently re-painted portions of the indoor pool. Perhaps you did not like the color we selected. Depending on the time of day, the color reflects the light differently, but green is not one of the colors I have witnessed. The chemical levels in the pool water are checked several times a day and offer the safest and cleanest water possible. Each week, we contract with a third party to measure and monitor our results as well. As you can see we take guest feedback very seriously here at the Host; we thank you for your observations and appreciate your time and effort in doing so. If I may be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Respectfully yours,