“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Staten Island, New York
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Don't waste your money. I was horrified when i got there. Dirty, spider webs all over, and the room smells like a mix of mold and cigarette smoke. I told the front desk i wouldnt let my dog sleep there and she informed me it was newly remodeled... I took pictures for my credit card company and put a stop on the charge. It look nothing like the pics on the website....

Do Not Stay or you will be SORRY.... trust me, I tried to save a few bucks and was sorry I did...... there are several motels on the strip and we stayed at one of them...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My son and I stayed here and it was terrible. The lobby smelled like mold, the hallways just smelled, there was peeling wallpaper in the room, and the tub was so bad I would even shower in it. The wall-mounted AC unit barely worked even at maximum. There was sticky stuff on the table near the TV. As noted by a previous reviewer, an extremely nasty elderly lady worked the front desk (which is frequently unmanned) and demanded to see our room key TO GET A BUCKET OF ICE. They have a ton of nerve charging $74 (with tax) for a room in this place. There is no way that any legitimate reviewer would rate this place as clean and well run with a friendly staff--it is none of these.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Buffy1958

Travellers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

MD
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This place is good for a short stay. We recently stayed here during the 1st weekend of August for 3 nights. We stayed in rm 48. The room was clean, fresh smelling and free of bugs of any kind. The towels and bed linens were thin but clean. The rooms are small but we only go to Lancaster to shop so we are not in the room except to sleep. The staff is always friendly and helpful, especially if we have a problem We have been staying at this particular property for close to 10 yrs. and will continue to do so. The location is convenient to anything you want to do.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LV2TRAVELMd
alma, mi
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The room was clean, and the overall experience was not horrible. In fact, they have a small outdoor pool that my son enjoyed swimming in. But this is a very tired, old, bare-bones property with little to recommend it - except the price. There are so many hotels in this area - next time I'll spend more if necessary and find something a notch better.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank zenmusic
philadelphia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We dediced to stay here for the convenience and location to all the attractions in Lancaster. We checked in with an elderly, not very friendly lady. We informed her we wanted a room with No Smoking but she ended up putting us across the hall from a bunch of wild bamboon bachelors who were carrying on in the middle of the day. We just dropped off our luggage and headed out to Dutch Wonderland without really checking out the room. Upon returning around 10:00 p.m., we entered the room, turned on the lights. . .. and behold. . .we were greeted by about thirty ugly creeeeepy large crawlers. The kids began to scream along with us. They were everywhere, behind the bed, dresser, hanging off the ceiling, bathroom,tub, sink EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! It was disgusting. Immediately I went to the front desk to report this and to check out and ask for a refund and all the clerk said is "They won't hurt you they are outside bugs that come in through the sink and drain". Then she informed me I would have to file a complaint with the credit card company. Later that month they still charged my bill for $50.00, even though we were there for ten minutes. This place is ugly, dirty, grimy and disgusting. It's ok. . . .if you want to sleep with one eye open at all times!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family