“Unusually good”

Ranked #28 of 606 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Generally I am not a fan of buffet restaurants as I am never sure of just how long the food has been sitting out.
The folks at Manor Buffet have this down to a science based on sheer volume. We have now been here twice and both times the food was very fresh, plentiful and most importantly just plain good.
My wife is Chinese so over the years I have learned what to look for in certain dishes.
At Manor Buffet, from their Hot & Sour soup, to their offerings of Beef Tripe and beef in Chili, to the seafood selections, mussels, three types of clams, crab legs, fish fillets to regular dishes such as Lo Mein, General Tso's chicken and a slew of others, they have mastered the art of keeping buffet style food fresh, tasty and constantly replenished.
All of this makes for an outstanding buffet restaurant.
I hope they do not deviate from this format as I have seen other buffet restaurants start out strong on
Y to start skimping on quality after a short time.
For the foreseeable future I plan on returning to Manor Buffet and hope they continue unchanged.
A terrific value with good Chinese food, a pleasant staff, clean surroundings and an incredible selection of dishes

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We are local folks and have visited this establishment a number of times over the last couple of years. We have been totally satisfied on every occasion. I gave this restaurant 5 stars without a second thought, but it is not perfect, However, this is not the fault of the management. By their nature, buffets just can't get any better than this one. It has nothing to do with the quality of the food, the atmosphere, the wait staff, or the layout.. Regarding food quality,I have never had any items at this restaurant that were not at least "good" and most are "very good" or "exceptional"..
Don't get me wrong, there are some unusual dishes (particularly for us local German-descent folks), but they are all good!!
The problem is that there is something about buffets that attract an unusual clientele. Very generally, the patrons tend to be folks that REALLY like to eat, which can detract from the enjoyment of others. Manor Buffet has A LOT of dishes-I would hate to name a number, but it must be in the range of 500-1000 different items including the dessert, sushi, and hibachi areas. But some dishes such as oysters on the half shell and crab legs, are really special in my opinion. The staff typically puts 50-100 oysters out on ice at a time, but I have followed other patrons to this station and watched them take ALL of the oysters-it may take 2 large plates and they have to pile them up, but they do it.

I have tried buffets in a few places around the world and this minor criticism applies to them all (Is it a human condition???). In my opinion Manor Buffet is still the best one! (There is a "Japanese" buffet in Cebu City that could give Manor a run for its money, but that's another hemisphere.)

Reviewed 7 August 2016

The lighting was great. The décor was stunning. The food was fabulous. This is a wonderful place to go if hungry and want to fill your belly. Everything I tried was exceptional and I wish we had one of these places closer to where I live. Compared to Star Buffet, the only difference to me was the price and the lighting and atmosphere at Manor Buffet. Its a toss up. Little cheaper at Star but Manor has great décor. Food seems to be the same but its your choice. I can't rate one above the other. Have to try both for yourself.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

About $15 for dinner gets you an amazing selection of food variety - notably shellfish of many styles (shrimp, crab, mussels, oysters). Some dishes were exceptionally good, some not so much - but that's the beauty of buffet eating. Jalapeno Chicken, steamed mussels, peel n eat shrimp were among the winners. If you can't find food you really like at Manor Buffet, then you are way too picky and snooty to even consider this type of eatery. if you like Golden Corral, you will love Manor.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Relatively new restaurant with nice decor (with TVs), friendly staff, clean facility and nice food presentations compared to many buffets we've been to. As others mentioned, there is a wide selections of cold dishes, hot dishes, desserts, fruits, soups, sushi and hibachi station. There are a number of great-tasting, authentic Chinese dishes although less than other buffets out there, but I think the overall variety, quality and freshness were great. As far as taste, I find everything I tried delicious. Do note that kids starting 11 years old are charged the adult price, and drinks cost extra.